Home

NBA 2K14 CREWS Mode - 3v3 Half-Court or 5v5 Full-Court on Blacktop Court Played to 21

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 CREWS Mode - 3v3 Half-Court or 5v5 Full-Court on Blacktop Court Played to 21 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #89
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K14 CREWS Mode - 3v3 Half-Court or 5v5 Full-Court on Blacktop Court Played t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
It's a hybrid. It's not 2K13's blacktop mode, and it's not 2K11's Crew. Blacktop mode didn't have built in squads with leaderboards, jersey customization, 5on5. So calling it Blacktop 2.0 isn't accurate either.

Let's recap:

2K11 Crew:

- 8 ft hack uncapped cheaters
- 5on5 was rare, mostly 2vs2 with 8 CPU players
- Servers sucked, took an hour to find a game
- Hopstep and pumpfake cheese all day
- Played in arena

2K12:

- No crew

2K13 Blacktop:

- 3on3
- Indiv. leaderboards

2k14:

- Hybrid of 2K11 Crew and 2k13 Blacktop
- No cheaters (assuming 2k share was cleaned up)
- Servers will likely be better (since 5on5 teamup is no problem)
- Leaderboards

Sucks that it's only to 21, but I'll live. What I don't get is some are crying that they can't have CPU teammates. Why you want CPU teammates ? This is a manual mode. Ain't nobody got time for dat
People would claim to the "I don't for enough friends" excuse, but personally, I like the no CPU as teammates.

Why?

Well, why in the world do you want NBA players in your Crew? There's no reason for them as they would be unless. If the CPU players would be your crew members, that would be cool, but its not then playing, its the AI, which as we all know aren't humans.

If you want to fill up members, play the game more and recruit. I mean that's how real life pick up teams start off, you mix and match a couple of team mates if you're finding some and whoever matches with your game and wins, well you just got yourself a pickup Crew.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone
Old 09-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 CREWS Mode - 3v3 Half-Court or 5v5 Full-Court on Blacktop Court Play...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
People are still gonna buy the game whether or not it has Crew. Your words my be the words of wisdom, but the game if to have sales drops would be close to a sliver. Cause some people actually buy the game for the NBA. For the NBA simulation part.

"NBA 2K Lie 14"? Dude its called marketing, manipulation, and you would do THE EXACT same thing if you were head PR of 2K. Every company has done stuff like this. From Apple with iPhones, Activision with CoD, EA with whatever.

well ~if they aren"t gonna to bring back "the crew mode" that it suppose to be then they shouldn't call it "crew mode" ~ no matter how "k14 crew mode" work ~it is not the mode fans are looking for ~you can see the reaction from crew fan in here/facebook ~are they gonna happy to accept this thing?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #91
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K14 CREWS Mode - 3v3 Half-Court or 5v5 Full-Court on Blacktop Court Played t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Still Blacktop Mode 2.0 to me. And I liked CPU teammates. Wasn't a problem for me especially since I am used to playing MP Mode w/ them. Just wish they could've shot better. So that's your opinion, but most liked CPU teammates especially since everyone cannot run w/ 5 players every game lol.
Yeah but blacktop, even in 2k11, never had built in squads, leaderboards, etc. So then at worst it's blacktop on steroids and with crew components.

See CPU is not crew to me. That's just the total opposite of what I think Crew was supposed to be. How is it an equal playing field when you got 3 cpu guys guarding the paint for you? That's not you beating me, that's the CPU beating me or losing to me. I play blacktop and crew to escape the CPU.
2K11 Crew, you'd get in the paint and what do they do? They spam that double team with Dwight Howard, etc. That doesn't replicate REAL basketball where everyone is human. If you guys don't have enough ballers on your friends list or have different schedules, then get out on the blacktop and build up your squad by inviting guys who are good at the game. If you have 30 - 40 friends who regularly play nba 2k14, it's a safe bet that you'll be able to have enough for crew. I'm not worried about it at all because I've spent 2k13 blacktop building up my friends list for crew.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #92
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
If you want to fill up members, play the game more and recruit. I mean that's how real life pick up teams start off, you mix and match a couple of team mates if you're finding some and whoever matches with your game and wins, well you just got yourself a pickup Crew.

That happened in 2K11, but we can't recruit if we can't even get into games to see who's playing...all you can do is play the ACTUAL blacktop mode if they still have it..but no one plays blacktop like it's actual basketball.

This game is a$$-backwards.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #93
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Yeah but blacktop, even in 2k11, never had built in squads, leaderboards, etc. So then at worst it's blacktop on steroids and with crew components.
Alright, I disagree though. Don't mind CPU teammates at all really. Would prefer if everyone was a user, but don't think it should be mandatory. So, I disagree.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #94
Rookie

aKiDNamedCoop's Arena

OVR: 4

From 2k10 and 2k11 Crew mode was my favorite mode Ever. 2k Took it out waited 3 years and we get this BS I cant call this crew this is blacktop 2.0. This is a slap in the face to True Crew fans We wanted 5v5 like in 2k11 with improvements how hard was this 2k Devs... I can't support this and im not planning on getting next gen console and Live only comes out for next gen. I might not buy this game just to show 2k don't mess around with the customers we make you the money and im not spending my hard earned money on something that's half *** With a mode I was hyped up about then ended up disappointed Again.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #95
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
NBA 2K14 CREWS Mode - 3v3 Half-Court or 5v5 Full-Court on Blacktop Court Play...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Not all of us would do that bruh, I respect everyone in the world until they disrespect me. And a fan of a game paying $60 for it (in this economy nonetheless) is something I would value. And lying to them about a mode that isn't anything they'd expect it to be, is a pretty big disrespectful slap to the face, especially to the ones that are very loyal to the game.

You lie to one fan and lose $60, seems like no biggie...but when one fan spreads the word of being lied to, that one becomes 1,000....which can quickly turn to 10,000 and so on. Losing even $60,000 is pretty big when you spend millions on development.

Ask EA how much they lost with Live...if 2K doesn't stop screwing around and lying that could very well be them in 10 years...because no one would believe that Live was ever going to just drop off the face of the gaming scene.
I can understand that, you are justified to decide what $60 means to you. To me, hand me good online servers, improve things here and there, let me mod the console rosters, and I'm good.

What I'm saying is, people would do the exact same thing to create buzz. Buzz doesn't always help you, but it helps get attention.

And this isn't "Lying" it's more of "Manipulation of a brand name."

2K never have a commitment of that this Crew would be 2K11 Crew. If they were to do that, then its lying. But since they make the game, they fiddle around with things, get real basic stuff, rebrand something here and there, and now we have "2K14 Crew."

Just like saying that 2K has "real life physics" when really its just a very modified game engine adding a lot of more algorithm for the game to choose more choices in collisions, interactions, and stuff. (An example, but not market as such... Yet.)

Last edited by MarvinOida; 09-14-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #96
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Re: NBA 2K14 CREWS Mode - 3v3 Half-Court or 5v5 Full-Court on Blacktop Court Play...

Quote:
I can understand that, you are justified to decide what $60 means to you. To me, hand me good online servers, improve things here and there, let me mod the console rosters, and I'm good.

What I'm saying is, people would do the exact same thing to create buzz. Buzz doesn't always help you, but it helps get attention.

And this isn't "Lying" it's more of "Manipulation of a brand name."

2K never have a commitment of that this Crew would be 2K11 Crew. If they were to do that, then its lying. But since they make the game, they fiddle around with things, get real basic stuff, rebrand something here and there, and now we have "2K14 Crew."

Just like saying that 2K has "real life physics" when really its just a very modified game engine adding a lot of more algorithm to choose more choices in collisions and stuff.

I mean I fully understand why companies do what they do, I've taken some business classes...but then again, it's as simple as not calling it crew, because Crew means something A LOT different to us who playing it back then.

What if Jordan re-released the first pair of Air Jordans, but they looked different and were brown and orange? Just ugly as hell...people would be mad that they had the nerve to call them Air Jordans.

When you have a name attached to something, you improve it..you don't take stuff away and call it the same thing. That's poor business no matter how you look at it.

And none of this is about the gameplay, from what I seen the game looks great, and I'm sure it's amazing but Crew Mode was hyping me up the most and now I'm sorely disappointed and I'm hoping next-gen builds my excitement back up...
because at this point I'm willing to sacrifice gameplay for crew, so if switching to Live has to happen me and a bunch of others on here would do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »