Home

NBA 2K14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 Reviews From Around the Web

That Complex review is poorly written (or poorly edited). Good luck reading it. I gave up after skimming the first page.

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #26
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantheplague
i thought there was some new feature that was supposed to blow us all away for current/next gen? are the reviewers not allowed to discuss that?
It must be NG only then. I ain't lying when I said, all they said was "mindblowing... better than MyPlayer + Crew... make you forget about those modes". That is it, nothing more, I assumed both gens, but as for right now, I am thinking only NG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
I was very impressed by that Complex review. Well written and detailed. Had a lot of negatives in it, which IMO don't line up with its 9/10 score, but well worth the read, or at least JW55's highlights
I get ya on this, but as the reviewer said:

"Like LeBron, NBA 2K14 is a victim of its own success. At some point, it got so far ahead of the pack that it’s been the only serious choice for video game basketball for the last three years. In spite of being the only kid on the playground, NBA 2K has continued to build, to work on itself. And many will still say it’s not enough."

The game is not brand new but its still better than previous even with all its faults.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #27
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Playing 2k11 a lot lately, I am ok with auto contest being gone...I absolutely hated the hitch when contesting shots..
Old 09-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 12

Call me crazy but Path to Greatness actually sounds like it could be fun. Definitely a one time through thing for me but I honestly thought very little of it when I first heard about it. That's changing a bit.

From the Complex Review

Quote:
Even without the new array of options at your command, the passes are crisper without feeling cheap; you’ll still get picked off if you blindly dump it into traffic in the post, but there are far fewer eyes-in-the-back-of-their-heads plays from defenders.
This might be what has me most excited though, passing has left such a bad taste in my mouth the past few years, really beginning with 2k12.

Overall I think 2k14 will be just about what I expected it to be.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Kotaku:

Quote:
I've got to be blunt, by any measure I am objectively bad at simulation-quality basketball, owing to an overall lack of familiarity with how the game is played in real life.
Lord almighty. Whats so hard about yelling in the office, "Hey, anyone watch basketball? Even better, anyone play NBA 2k? Then you're reviewing the game."
Old 09-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #30
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
This might be what has me most excited though, passing has left such a bad taste in my mouth the past few years, really beginning with 2k12.

Overall I think 2k14 will be just about what I expected it to be.
same here.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #31
MVP

I want to know if the VC system will be the same as last year or if we can be competitive without buying VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Playing 2k11 a lot lately, I am ok with auto contest being gone...I absolutely hated the hitch when contesting shots..
Same here, i hated that too

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »