Home

NBA 2K14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Review (360/PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 7
Some points

- Defense is the real, just like the reviewer said, there is contact throughout.
- I actually blocked/stopped an alley opp , which was pretty much impossible in 2k13
- you cant go dribbling wild all over the place or freely pass all over either
- only certain players can perform flashy passes so dont think you will be no looking with Kendrick Perkins
- Playing Head to Head is much MUCH better because of the defense improvements
- your AI teammates during online Head to Head, actually play defense along with you.
- players box out for rebounds alot better
- you will be rewarded for playing good/pressure defense
- Create-a-player is unchanged and is a big disappoint, so strange faced players in your draft classes are back
- Didnt see any cheesing exploits yet. One of the main exploits folks did last year, the in the paint cheese, is not possible.
- Lay-up cheesing and dunk cheesing isnt present to my knowledge as I pointed out I blocked a alley opp
- If you dont protect the ball you lose it. there is no dribbling in front of another player without consequense.

all i got so far from this morning...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K14 Review (360/PS3)

Think I'll pass on Roster Update 2K14.

Edit: Should clarify this is towards the PS3/360 version. Next gen should be legit for 2K.

Last edited by sportzbro; 10-01-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
i like the review. it confirmed what i was hoping for with this game, gameplay improvements. ironically, the line that this will test what OS'ers say about just improve the gameplay was answered by the reviewers own score.

last year 2k13 scored a 9,5. everything the reviewer said implied this game is the same game with much better gameplay. Score 8.5.

to be fair, the same thing happened with the madden 13 to 14 score, but from the review comments you would think the drop would have been only .5 points not a full point.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Hmm...Never played the Mavs so I cant speak to them but I'm not seeing any inconsistencies here. I played the game for almost 2 weeks and this part has been consistent. Every team I've played has given their best players the most touches.
Good to hear that you had that experience. Maybe it's just small sample stuff based on my experience. I'll go play other teams like Houston, San Antonio and Miami and see if it's any better.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 8
if you asked me based on this review..8.5 is being really nice smh lol..depending on what you look for in this game
Old 10-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 8
what i took from this is that this is about the same game from last year except with re-done mode with untouched modes, some features that was in their past games with some new animations and a new control scheme...did i miss anything...o yeah updated roster maybe lol
Old 10-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #31
Rookie

I think it's about right...

Slightly off-topic: i see from the review that there were no significant changes to Association and MyCareer so does that mean:
1. New CBA is not in there?
2. They did not fix cheap VC rewards when completing drills

I have only played about 4 NBA today games as of now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #32
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

I will say I'm glad I only paid $24 for the PC version of the game. After dropping several hours into My Career (enough to get ball handling/passing near max on a PG) I'm just about disgusted at present. The Heat can do no wrong... even Greg Oden dribbles, drives and passes like he's LeBron. lol

No matter what the team is though, it seems like if the player is 80 or above on the AI's team they won't suffer the same short comings your team does. Players even with a 90 ball handling are just 'dropping' the ball on drives or post attempts... it's frustrating. Especially when you add in the fact they went back to 2011/2012's control scheme... which makes driving more difficult in and of itself.

The physics themselves, along with the graphical changes are impressive. But it feels like so many players on my team have just been hit by the stupid stick that it's frustrating. Watching Oden throw OVER two players to Wade standing in the paint is annoying. Or watching Blake Griffin drop dimes like Nash from the 3 point line consistently... *shakes head* It's not realistic at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »