Home

NBA 2k14 patch - post your suggestions for fixes

This is a discussion on NBA 2k14 patch - post your suggestions for fixes within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2k14 patch - post your suggestions for fixes

a vote kick system for team up would be epic
Old 10-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
well, that is the ultimate debate of making basketball video games: how much of the outcome should be based on the user's decisions versus how much should be based on virtual player ratings? I prefer the outcome to be more more based on the user's decisions, even if that means decreasing the success of certain shots like contested shots, contact shots, and turn-around shots. this might not totally resemble a real NBA game, but it would ensure that the user's decisions would totally determine the outcome.
I personally like the unpredictability of shots going in. I agree that hard contest should not go in most of the time, but there are times when shots do go in. The game would become too robotic if I knew that all heavily contested shots just did not go in. Or 10 out of 10 layups in traffic just didn't go in. This unpredictability separates the elite from role players etc.

Last edited by rhein77; 10-09-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: bad grammar lol
Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
well, sometimes things even out in the long run. sometimes inflated player ratings take over to the point that finding the open man and being patient doesn't matter so much.
Well you certainly won't get argument from me that some ratings are inflated and they should be fixed.

Quote:
well, i guess that's the ultimate debate of making basketball video games: how much of the outcome should be based on the user's decisions versus how much should be based on virtual player ratings? I prefer the outcome to be more more based on the user's decisions, even if that means decreasing the success of certain shots like contested shots, contact shots, and turn-around shots. this might not totally resemble a real NBA game, but it would ensure that the user's decisions would totally determine the outcome. if i win or lose, i want feel like i earned it, not like i was helpless against the player ratings.
I do think we can go further towards realism and both of us will be happier than we are now, ie, poor interior contests and unrealistic success with contact layups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #36
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
I personally like the unpredictability of shots going in. I agree that hard contest should not go in most of the time, but there are times when shots do go in. The game would become too robotic if I knew that all heavily contested shots just did not go in. Or 10 out of 10 layups in traffic just didn't go in. This unpredictability separates the elite from role players etc.
i don't want ZERO unpredictability, just a bit less than there is now. at the end of they day, this is a video game, and the whole point of playing a video game is to determine the outcome yourself with the quality of your decisions. if i wanted to just watch a bunch of things happen that weren't affected by my actions, then i'd go watch a real game.

Last edited by blues rocker; 10-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #37
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2k14 patch - post your suggestions for fixes

This is the first time in years I have or seen the CPU miss some open shots more than once in a blue moon.....

I'm torn as to how much I would want that changed...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-09-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 9

Please fix the suck in animations on screens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt_LL...ature=youtu.be

I can be going around the player and the animation will slide me right into the player screening for an easy layup.

It happens 2-3 times a game, even if you are nowhere near the player.

PF's & C's shooting and hitting contested fade away jumpers at a high percentage!

Defenders being bumped back when they are in good defensive position in the paint, the CPU goes up for an easy or uncontested shot!

The CPU will dribble 3/4 times into the defender until they beat the defender; sometimes they will lose the ball but 50% of the time the defender is punished for playing good D.

Last edited by keshunleon; 10-09-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #39
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

5 second inbound, why doesn't it affect the CPU but can be called on the player?

That's a crucial rule especially in a tight game with seconds left.

Sent from Rooted Galaxy S4
Old 10-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #40
Rookie

For some odd reason, CPU defenders sag waaaay off the guy they are supposed to be guarding when the opposing pg brings the ball down the court. I've played around with sliders but they still keep cheating. This wasn't an issue in 2k13.

There is a glich at times when you come off a pick and roll. If both defenders try to double you, you cant pass the ball - at all. Even if you break out of the double team, you cant pass it. You can only shoot it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »