Home

Just Played 10 Online Games

This is a discussion on Just Played 10 Online Games within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Just Played 10 Online Gamesre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
But let's see you win 5 in a row.
I did this once, either in 2K13 or 2K12. It was the worst basketball gaming experience of my life. I decided I'd like to try to earn every achievement in a 2K game and even though I despise online play, I decided to give it a couple days worth of run so I could try to get the five in a row achievement.

I spent the entire time stressing about whether my game would connect, whether my opponent would play like he was four years old, whether my opponent would quit once I started winning, and whether maybe I was using cheap tactics myself. The fifth consecutive was stressful only because I couldn't stand the idea of having to play at least five more games online.

I'll always remember one of my losses being to someone using the '96 Sonics. Anytime I'd score he'd throw a 70 foot inbound bomb to Shawn Kemp. Then he'd just push toward the basket and he'd slide past my defenders and dunk. He scored something like 64 points with Kemp alone.

And I don't mean all of this as a condemnation of 2K or something. The five in a row comment just reminded me of awful times. There were other online achievements to earn but at that point, it just wasn't worth it.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I did this once, either in 2K13 or 2K12. It was the worst basketball gaming experience of my life. I decided I'd like to try to earn every achievement in a 2K game and even though I despise online play, I decided to give it a couple days worth of run so I could try to get the five in a row achievement.

I spent the entire time stressing about whether my game would connect, whether my opponent would play like he was four years old, whether my opponent would quit once I started winning, and whether maybe I was using cheap tactics myself. The fifth consecutive was stressful only because I couldn't stand the idea of having to play at least five more games online.

I'll always remember one of my losses being to someone using the '96 Sonics. Anytime I'd score he'd throw a 70 foot inbound bomb to Shawn Kemp. Then he'd just push toward the basket and he'd slide past my defenders and dunk. He scored something like 64 points with Kemp alone.

And I don't mean all of this as a condemnation of 2K or something. The five in a row comment just reminded me of awful times. There were other online achievements to earn but at that point, it just wasn't worth it.
I don't really get stressed out in quick match I can beat cheesers etc... I'm very good at adjusting and know every player weaknesses.

But I remember last year in myteam you had to win 9 of 12 games to advance to first seed. I started off 1-3 basically had to win 8 in a row. Omg that was stressful . Super teams , 1-3-1 zone double team spam , eurosteping and I lost my very last game to a mega cheeser . I took a week off from 2k. I had to stay sane.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Just Played 10 Online Games

I just won five in a row with Portland last night (against NY/MIA/LAL/LAC). I just know the tendencies of my players, and play patiently. I struggled early, but that I'll directly attribute to adapting to new controls. Now I'm set though and have more control than ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Everything isn't always user error because you can play smart and still get beat by some that has no clue or just barely win. You won 1 one game fantastic, but let's see you win 5 in a row. Trust me when you run into a good cheese you'll have an L in no time. The OP was on point, the problem is every guy on OS thinks their some dev or Basketball pro.
Funny you mention this.

BWT1cBwCMAAuQOc.jpg

I did it yesterday with Utah, playing sim-ball (or at least trying to against the zone), and a guy with LAC scored 44 points with Blake Griffin, all in the paint. I still won.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 10-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Most of yall that are complaining are mostly bums. This year online is the best experience in years. Im thrashing people online. The major complaint I have is people are spamming the steal button. But if you play smart its tolerable and you'll get less turnovers. Pressure shooters and lowering help defense helps shut down players that shoot 3s all game. Im 3-0 all double digit wins, I suppose to be 6-0 but player's were quitting and I wouldnt get the win. 2k fixed that issue though
Old 10-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Winning 5 straight isn't hard, especially on 2k14. Most cheese really can be killed with focus. I play with teams with a nice defensive inside presence to take away the paint. BKN has Brook Lopez AND KG, so the D in the paint is OD. Just won my 5th in a row using Denver, and Javale is no slouch defensively either.

As far as the original post, the only one I agree with is the offensive rebounding. This is by far the biggest issue so far. I haven't had a game yet where I or my opponent has shot more than 50% from 3. Turnovers are user error, plain and simple. Watch what you are doing and treat the pill like its gold.

Sent from the Laboratory at SimNation Headquarters using Tapatalk
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

Last edited by quehouston; 10-11-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 7

no offense but these all do something like user errors. The turnovers I'll probably from you trying to speed your way through your offense instead of slowing down and trying to set things up. I've already went on about the rebounds. You just have to keep working because everyone is not having your problems and people are confusing individual problems with global problems in the game. I play online in my experience has been different from yours, so who's right and who's wrong here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

This year if you play smart basketball, and good defense, you will win against cheeser's. I had a guy shoot with Steph Curry the whole first half, and he missed alot of shots, some were wide open threes.

He realized he couldn't cheat the system anymore, so he changed his complete game to a more team approach, you have the power this year, if you lose it's on you. I was the Raptors too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »