Home

NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - LeBron James Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - LeBron James Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #41
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - LeBron James Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
The stripe on the Jersey has been corrected it was confirmed by one of the developers. My only other question is will they have the "I promise" wristbands that you can see in this real life pic. They actually not only have them in the current gen version, but also called attention to it in thr intro to NBA 2K14 on current gen.
I know. But just getting the point of it being a pretty obvious thing vs having to spend time on it.

As for "I promise," assuming the way the structure the global file is the same (contains accessories, body types, etc.) than it should, logically, stay.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 8
is it just me or the player modal in next-gen is smaller compared to the current gen which makes his tattoos look smaller as well.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
How can you say this? What kind of screen are you viewing this on, is your screen calibrated properly, ... ? Still, even then, you don't know how the game will actually look like because it's only a screenshot.

It's like listening to a 50-100 000 dollar audio set on youtube and you go "wow this doesn't sound good good at all". No wonder, you're listening it through youtube (compressed audio and what not) and through your own speakers.

Get a PS4/Xbox one, get the game, have a proper TV which supports 1080p and play it. It definitely won't be like what you're seeing right now.

I know Dice lets you download a HQ 1080p/i 60FPS BF4 gameplay which you can then play on your TV to see what the game will be look like. Just wait and see. The graphics will be good.
With respect, I'm not sure if he's criticizing per se, it just seems like he doesn't feel the graphical upgrade alone is worth his spending of $500 on a new system. Maybe I'm wrong though. Perhaps I should not speak for others.

That's kind of my feeling at this point though. As more information is revealed, I suppose it's possible to change my tune but to this point, I've felt no need or desire to drop that kind of cash on a next generation system this year. And, knowing virtually nothing about 2K next-gen aside from the graphical upgrade, I can't say I'm particularly giddy, which is in sharp contrast to when I was a PS2 player seeing signature styles rolling out in 2K7 on XBox360 and PS3 (in conjunction with the graphical upgrades).
Old 10-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #44
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

Also hoping the keep all the same jerseys from past 2Ks as well as more. Would love to be able to use the "back in black", "white hot", floridians (home like they wore in the 2012 season and away like they wore in 2006) and the Alonzo/hardaway era jerseys (red from last season home white and the new black) Also would love if they added the "ring night" jerseys from last year that they wore opening night against Boston.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #45
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

The heat court is finally bright. Playing in dull dark stadiums is depressing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k wins again! Need to see Jordan and magic next gen.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #47
Rookie

frankwyte81's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay2
Give us real gameplay 2k! I don't want to see all this pictures and bad gameplays from trailers.
You know 2k will give us 5 on 5 gameplay. They do it with ever release they drop, as of lately, even for the wrestling game they released. Be patient buddy.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #48
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

Next Gen Pro's & Con's
Con's
So Wrong Jersey, Worse Player Models, No I Promise Band, lebron's Fat arms

Pro's
Better Ball, Better Faces, Faded Tatoos

Really 2k...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »