Home

Do you use the VC glitch?

This is a discussion on Do you use the VC glitch? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Do you use the VC glitch?
Yes 35 64.81%
No 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do you use the VC glitch?

Honestly, I don't even really consider the one that still exists a glitch, and I don't think 2K does either. I think if they were to patch it you could never get VC from playing quick matches. The Rasheed Wallace thing from last year? Tricking the game into thinking you made a credit card purchase when you didn't? That thing where you'd trick the game into selling players multiple times? All of those were legitimate, game breaking, glitches, and all of those were fixed.

The current "VC glitch" though - it takes forever to set up and is incredibly tedious to carry out. You have to wait a half hour each time you do it. And on top of all that you make ~3000 VC each time you do it. 3000 VC is chump change in 2K14. That means having to do the glitch 4 times, or about 2 hours of non-stop glitching to get one single gold pack. It's really such a mundane process I think that very few people use it enough to "break the game". The only thing that "breaks the game" (if you want to call it that) is the pay to win system that is being promoted currently.

tl;dr - Yeah, I use the VC glitch and I see nothing ethically wrong with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

Nope. I dropped $10 on VC the first day I got the game and been getting all the VC from schedule mode while trying to unlock the Pelicans logo/jerseys/court in My team.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #27
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

You used to get more for playing MyCareer before they figured out they could screw you over and entice you to buy it. I don't blame anyone for glitching, it's a full priced game, you shouldn't be forced to spend more if you want to have a chance online in MyTeam or Crewtop.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #28
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10

No, can't be bothered. Not going to spend real $$ on it, and can't beat the computer with the team they give you. To me, the mode is unplayable. Doing it fairly takes 17-18 games at 11 min quarters to get enough for 1 gold player. Waste of time!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater41
No, can't be bothered. Not going to spend real $$ on it, and can't beat the computer with the team they give you. To me, the mode is unplayable. Doing it fairly takes 17-18 games at 11 min quarters to get enough for 1 gold player. Waste of time!
You play the computer in MyTeam? I've always stayed away from the mode because I assumed it was just an online cheese fest from what little I saw on Twitch.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #30
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedredstars
You play the computer in MyTeam? I've always stayed away from the mode because I assumed it was just an online cheese fest from what little I saw on Twitch.
I do. I don't play anything online any longer due to cheese and glitch "fests." I just wanted to play the schedule but have trouble competing on higher levels. I use real FG % for my association, so when I have to use timing it's pretty useless to me.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #31
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I do. I don't play anything online any longer due to cheese and glitch "fests." I just wanted to play the schedule but have trouble competing on higher levels. I use real FG % for my association, so when I have to use timing it's pretty useless to me.
Timing isn't really that important. As long as you're somewhat close it's good enough.

My problem in playing the computer is that there's zero tension. I can beat it easily if we play by the same rules and if we don't then it's just as cheesy as playing online, except the CPU doesn't have anything to lose or gain.

Taking some of the control out of my hands and playing my role in MyCareer is a different matter though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
You just made my day. I guess it's my fault for not looking into it more, but I just always assumed it was an online mode, which isn't my thing. Now I have a new mode to play!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »