Home

NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Terrence Ross Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Terrence Ross Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #33
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Terrence Ross Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Undoubtedly it looks better, I'm just not sure if it's $500 better.
Good thing that NBA 2K14 doesn't cost $500 then, huh?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk now Free

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Lol I never understand when people say that. Like their console will only be able to play that game or something.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #35
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Lol I never understand when people say that. Like their console will only be able to play that game or something.
he means buying a new console altogether. Even though he could play other games he might not think upgrading is worth it yet . Buying current gen for 60$ is a lot cheaper than buying a whole new console + 60 .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #36
Rookie

I wanna see screen shots of white players and darker skin players, cause I'm noticing, guys that darker in real life seem to be brown skin on next gen.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #37
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Could be a part of the running. When you "bounce" while taking each step, maybe that air is created. We have no idea what it looks like on the other side.

I see what you're saying, and it's always a peeve of mine as well. It just might not exist here, though... it might be the physics kicking in.
It wouldn't be the physics because he's taking a free throw. Granted, I'm not one to get that worked up over this - the absurdly thick piping on the edges of the jersey is more worrisome for me since it's something you can see from a normal gameplay angle (hopefully it's an older build/can be patched).
Old 10-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #38
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permatron
I don't think the coloring of the jersey itself is off. I believe it's just the lighting that is causing it to look off white/gray-ish.

If you look toward the top of the shoulders heading toward the back of the jersey it appears the jersey gets some light and actually looks white.
Whether it's the color of the jersey, or the lightening...either way it's way off.

Let's say it is the lighting. The lighting in the arena hits the guys from ever angle. There's shouldn't be shadows that prevalent...not enough to make the front of the unis look grayish. Heck, even in current gen it looks brighter. Unacceptable IMO.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Whether it's the color of the jersey, or the lightening...either way it's way off.

Let's say it is the lighting. The lighting in the arena hits the guys from ever angle. There's shouldn't be shadows that prevalent...not enough to make the front of the unis look grayish. Heck, even in current gen it looks brighter. Unacceptable IMO.
That's not true at all. There are soft shadows if objects like the ball or other players are in the vicinity of the jersey, and if the player is bent forward away from the rafter mounted lights, which is both true in that screen shot. I believe what you're seeing is 2K's implementation of ambient occlusion.

Notice how the arm sleeve and the shoulders are still very bright, because they are exposed to the light with no nearby obstructions.

Real life example. Landry's jersey is extremely "grey". So is the bottom half of Hansborough's:

I do agree that lights in general can be pumped up, both to enhance highlights and give the right bright lights feel.

And I wouldn't compare things to last-gen or other games that have unrealistic and poor lighting algorithms.

An even better example, with both uniforms you pointed out a problem with and even the right Raptors player:

"Grey" jerseys all over.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-29-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #40
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwing
It wouldn't be the physics because he's taking a free throw. Granted, I'm not one to get that worked up over this - the absurdly thick piping on the edges of the jersey is more worrisome for me since it's something you can see from a normal gameplay angle (hopefully it's an older build/can be patched).
Oh, it looked to me like he was going in for the layup. The angle he's at with respect to the center of the court made me believe he wasn't in the middle of it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »