Home

NBA 2K14 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (10-30)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (10-30) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #25
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K14 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (10-30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
you're not old school, you're a casual gamer. And people like you are the reason 2K doesn't give a **** to accurately update the rosters. They don't care about people who want an actual simulation of the NBA.
And if you've never heard of those 20 guys, it's your fault for being ignorant about the league, there's no reason that people who care about them should be penalized.
Another thing that really makes the need for accurate rosters is the 2kshare bug where CAPs glitch Association mode. It makes needing all players a must for us Association guys who want realism that is anyway.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80
I just don't get it. I don't. Is it really that hard to add players to the game?
Every update, dating back the last 3-4 years, only 2 or 3 players added. Why is it so hard?
There were 25 players missing from opening rosters. You're telling me you can't keep a few guys late to get them in? I'm having a hard time comprehending this?

There has to be a reason!
I imagine the thing that is hard is trying to make the faces for the guys. For all of the issues that they have on current gen with faces, they aren't just spitting out create-a-player faces for these guys.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:21 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 2

They really need to add Faverani though, it's pretty ridiculous how they haven't yet. The guy's a starting center, played 27 minutes tonight, and had double digit points.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:37 AM   #28
Pro

These rosters are hilarious. Looks like the "constructive talks" with the 2kinsider which LD2k mentioned a while ago were pretty much people telling him he's doing a great job Glad I didn't buy 2k14 so far. If they release a patch and start to give a f*ck about rosters, then maybe. But this is ridiculous.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
you're not old school, you're a casual gamer. And people like you are the reason 2K doesn't give a **** to accurately update the rosters. They don't care about people who want an actual simulation of the NBA.
And if you've never heard of those 20 guys, it's your fault for being ignorant about the league, there's no reason that people who care about them should be penalized.
C'mon now
How can you call him a casual?
Neither people who got paid to follow, write and talk about the NBA, pay attention to most of the guys currently missing in the rosters
Old 10-31-2013, 07:49 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Neither people who got paid to follow, write and talk about the NBA, pay attention to most of the guys currently missing in the rosters
Which people are you talking about specifically and how do you know they don't pay attention? Any concrete examples?

Also, I don't think you need to be a hardcore NBA nerd to know players like Antic, Calathes, Mekel and Datome. Come on, 2k didn't even manage to include the Celtics' starting center. What the hell is this? I know the word "lazy" gets thrown around too much and it's not like 2k didn't put any effort into current gen 2k14, but rosters are just lazy as f*ck. Same sh!t as always...big talk, but nothing to back it up.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
C'mon now
How can you call him a casual?
I didn't know I am a guy who is paid to follow, write and talk about the NBA, because I actually care about this players.
And I care about true-to-life ratings and tendencies.
I care about having spent my money on a game that doesn't keep its promises.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #32
Rookie

DENCIO's Arena

Also update the face of chandler parson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »