Home

NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Daily Zap Screenshot

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Daily Zap Screenshot within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looks like the screen to one of my old Nextel phones! Smh
Old 10-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #34
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Daily Zap Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
True. It's all good to me, but I admit the font is kind of funny. I feel like I'm going to have to type C:\\ACCESS to get to the updated scores.
Haha. Reminds me of another basketball video game...
Spoiler

It's all good, though. Another nice touch.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #35
Rookie

Primo585's Arena

Angry Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Daily Zap Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
you have a legit grip. its ugly to read and not easy to read. If you look at it quick glance, how would know what scores correlate with what team? it looks like it just lists random scores going down. they have to find a better way of isolating the teams. Making it distinctive so we can tell which teams played what teams and what they scored. Yeah, they have green and yellow, but at first glance, you think its a list of just statistical scores.

For example, I can easily see how someone could think the heat played the clippers and since the heat has the higher score, they are highlighted in green, thus making people think they are the winner.
If they change it it won't be till next year, so it's irrelevant... Post this comment next summer when they are developing 2K15... Maybe they will care then

PSN = PRIMO-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo585
If they change it it won't be till next year, so it's irrelevant... Post this comment next summer when they are developing 2K15... Maybe they will care then
No, I post it now cause its relevant to the conversation. I'm pretty sure they read these boards. I have a feeling it will be changed anyway, as all presentation gets revamped at some point. Like others said, Not a big deal, but if its confusing some people on the boards already, I can see it confusing people at couple of glances.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:44 AM   #37
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Now if only they would add a virtual daily zap with actual highlights from around the leagues in my GM then they'd be on to something.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:06 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 1

Love the feature, love the info, love the video highlights...

But damn, that's pretty ugly. Almost amateurish.

I was really expecting something that looked like SportsCenter or polished like one of the NBA mobile/Xbox apps or even the NBA website.

I'll live and enjoy it, but aesthetically, not great, and not the best readability either, with low contrast fonts on top of bright backgrounds.

I'm not digging the faux metal motif they're using for the score bug stuff either, though it's not as bad as this. I'd much more prefer something that looks cleaner like an actual broadcast. It's okay-ish though.

Kind of makes sense that they're looking for a graphic designer, I suppose. Swiss design, this aint.

EDIT: WOW. The use of color COULD NOT be worse! I thought maybe the colors would denote winners of games or stat leaders or something. No, they're used only to group game matchups and alternate for no real reason in the league standings. Feels like a programmer or an intern designed this (and I'm a programmer!). You do not use the greatest and most noticable contrast (primary colors) as mere row separators, especially when the background is ALREADY doing that.

Also low contrast red as column headers? That's a massive misuse of red.

It is not a graphical design sin to use plain old white, 2K gui intern. :P

Last edited by Sundown; 10-31-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:09 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo585
Summer will be too late. They'll already have nailed down their designs by then. Keep the complaints coming and early, when they're paying attention to reception. Keep them going around winter/the new year, especially if they have a second Team-Up for suggestion/ideas/gameplay guys and not just YouTube stars.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:48 AM   #40
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Is it really that bad? lol.
Anyways, it's obvious they wanted to mimic the tickers that are in sports bars and sports hubs, which this is supposed to virtually be getting you caught up on all NBA news and all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »