Home

NBA 2K14 Next-Gen MyGM Screenshots - Owners

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Next-Gen MyGM Screenshots - Owners within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #33
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen MyGM Screenshot - Owners

For the people that want freedom, better get used to being the GM of the Bobcats, Magic, or Kings. I'm banking they are more neutral and/or lax to allow people to take their team in whatever direction.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #34
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That's a good question. Real life owners would add a sense of legitimacy here.

And regarding owners like the one shown in the Lakers screenshot, will that mean anyone choosing the Lakers as their Association team will have to stick to a "Win at all times" plan or risk getting fired very quickly? Will there be freedom to tear a team down as one sees fit?
The thing is: Currently the Laker GM does have the freedom to tear down the team as he sees fit - he just has to balance that out with the Win now desire of the owner.

Given the freedom to tear down the team with the financial backing means Mitch can trade for a Chris Paul or a Dwight Howard... and he isn't fired because the League invalidates the trade.

I think the better question will be: Is the AI smart enough and nimble enough to allow you to tear down your team in an effort to reload or will it just see you tearing down the team in the short run and fire you because of it?
Old 11-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #35
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
The thing is: Currently the Laker GM does have the freedom to tear down the team as he sees fit - he just has to balance that out with the Win now desire of the owner.

Given the freedom to tear down the team with the financial backing means Mitch can trade for a Chris Paul or a Dwight Howard... and he isn't fired because the League invalidates the trade.

I think the better question will be: Is the AI smart enough and nimble enough to allow you to tear down your team in an effort to reload or will it just see you tearing down the team in the short run and fire you because of it?
Great question there at the end. If you get more than a year or two under your belt to build a winner, than it shouldn't be a problem.

Obviously you're on a short leash with that job, but how short is the question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not that I expect it but it sure would be nice to have the ability to relocate and change team names/logos. That's the direction I ultimately want Association Mode to have - the feeling that you truly can take the team anywhere (both literally and figuratively).
Old 11-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #37
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

This might go a long way to simulate the challenge of building a winning team in a small market. I like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

My Knicks are screwed then. A virtual James Dolan messing up plans. Not enough that he screws my favorite team irl. He got to mess up my 2k team 2.

I can see it now. Have 3 potential all stars on my roster and he wants to trade them for an aging overpaid but big name Russel westbrook

Last edited by diehardknicksfan; 11-06-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Should be interesting to see the Bobcats owner goals, since in real life its Jordan and everyone knows he is a win now kind of guy. It would be funny if he expects the playoffs the first year.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #40
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Should be interesting to see the Bobcats owner goals, since in real life its Jordan and everyone knows he is a win now kind of guy. It would be funny if he expects the playoffs the first year.
Hahahaha even Jordan knows that team has no chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »