Home

Kings Guard Gaming Point Guard Eric Donald Suspended For The 2019 NBA 2K League Season

This is a discussion on Kings Guard Gaming Point Guard Eric Donald Suspended For The 2019 NBA 2K League Season within the NBA 2K League forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K League
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2019, 04:38 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Kings Guard Gaming Point Guard Eric Donald Suspended For The 2019 NBA 2K League S

They had to suspend him. You talking millions of dollars on the line, brand deals, sponsorship, etc. 2K trying to grow this league they just started. That type of stuff will kill the league. People better learn you just can't say anything when you are representing a brand. Always been like that and always will be like that.

If anything is even remotely sexist or controversial, they are not going to let it fly.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #10
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Kings Guard Gaming Point Guard Eric Donald Suspended For The 2019 NBA 2K League S

Only in 2019 can you be suspended without pay from a Video Game League! My great grandfather turning over in his grave lok!
Old 03-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

You do realize esports is a billion dollar industry and been around for over a decade right ? That colleges are giving out esports scholarships to kids. That they are trying to make esports an Olympic event too right ? Asia has already made esports an Olympic event for their 2022 Asian Games.

He is not the first to be suspended from esports. Hell you have had some guys banned for life over the years. Those 2K league teams are connected to NBA teams. So therefore you are representing that NBA team brand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #12
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They had to suspend him. You talking millions of dollars on the line, brand deals, sponsorship, etc. 2K trying to grow this league they just started. That type of stuff will kill the league. People better learn you just can't say anything when you are representing a brand. Always been like that and always will be like that.

If anything is even remotely sexist or controversial, they are not going to let it fly.
LeBron James openly endorsed Presidential candidates and appeared at their campaign rallies.

Quote:
He is not the first to be suspended from esports. Hell you have had some guys banned for life over the years.
For rigging games. Not for having an opinion.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:49 PM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Where did "having an opinion" come from?

It's in the OP article. He shared something offensive over social media....it doesnt matter if some didnt find it offensive....it cant be something that risks losing s sponsor or gaining the entire league negative publicity.

TBH, its good they caught it quickly and he deleted it when he did so it didnt go viral....
Old 03-06-2019, 07:08 PM   #14
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Kings Guard Gaming Point Guard

I had to read this about 5 times to figure out what the heck was going on.

--

I also don't think many of you read the article when you're talking about "having an opinion":

Quote:
The violation was a result of Eric’s sharing of inappropriate and offensive videos over social media.
I don't care if you guys didn't find it offensive if you saw it. His employer did and that's all that matters.

Last edited by BA2929; 03-06-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:19 PM   #15
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It's in the OP article. He shared something offensive over social media....it doesnt matter if some didnt find it offensive....it cant be something that risks losing s sponsor or gaining the entire league negative publicity.
Do you realize the implications of what you just said?

Because we don't know what HE said.

Was he just showing some stupid frog? Was he saying "kill all (racial slur)"? We don't know. The latter I get--that could be seen as an actual threat. If it was just some dumb cartoon frog, then the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

What YOU say is that if ANYONE finds it offensive, then it doesn't matter what everyone else says. We MUST appease THAT ONE GUY.

Besides, I don't think you've thought this through.

Let's say I find your typo offensive. "losing s sponsor"? Yeah, you could fix it, but I just quoted it here for posterity. Does that mean you should lose your mod job? By your own words, it doesn't matter what others think of it. It only matters that SOMEONE was offended. Of course I'm fine with it, but it could happen.

Show me what he said before it was deleted. Show me. Put it in spoiler tags if you have to. If it was really bad, fine, I'll agree with you and shut up. If it was a Trump WWE thing, then they should suspend LeBron James for actually speaking at a campaign rally two years ago. If it was something that commanded we bring harm to a person or group of people, okay, fine, you're right.

Context matters. And I, for one, am just sick and tired of walking on eggshells with every word I say, and having to take every stupid precaution to make snowflakes happy. I am autistic, and I can take a joke about my condition. Why can't they?

This is a world where race car drivers get disciplined for things their FATHER said DECADES AGO. And I'm sick of it. I bet a lot of you readers are too.

Got a strong feeling I'll get banned for this, or at least a yellow card. Fine. It's just a gaming website. No big deal. I'll live. But I'll leave you with this:

"Those who are determined to be 'offended' will find a provocation somewhere. There is nothing we can do to please the fanatics, and it is degrading to make the attempt."
--Christopher Hitchens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2019, 07:23 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
LeBron James openly endorsed Presidential candidates and appeared at their campaign rallies.

For rigging games. Not for having an opinion.
Im sure their CBAs are different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K League »