Home

Pro/Default once again

This is a discussion on Pro/Default once again within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #25
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Pro/Default once again

Geeez.... my last suggestion was a good one. When you first start up the game, open up the Cheat system...

go to your ingame sliders. Set it to Simulation. Now go to the Cheat .exe, and set the game style to Default.

The game still has the feel of default settings (player control), but has the mentality (for lack of better wording) of Simulation gameplay. I just got torched int he first half by Melo. He had 27 at the half, I was getting slaughtered.

Give it a whirl guys. If you all cant get it to work, let me know. I'll send you my ingame save file.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

Here's an odd thought...not sure if that cheat thing works this way or not, and I don't want to download it and fiddle with it myself yet, but I'm wondering if it's possible to load up an association or something with the play vision working, save those settings and then have them work in My Career. Is that possible?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Ive played 2 games so far all star default, and i have to say im having no trouble scoring, both games having a close final score (i won both games) but getting separation (leading by double digits) is not very hard at all

the rebounding issue in the demo is not as game breaking in the retail pc version which is a good thing, but that one game i had vs the heat they scored like 80 pts in the paint, however i must say i didnt feel 'cheesed' by the cpu, their buckets dont feel cheap so overall im pretty happy with the game

i know a lot of people have said that a high rate of 3 pt shots go in, i have to say i really dont find this as a problem, i feel like it's rewarding getting those open shots and see them go in, the game i had vs heat i shot 6/17 as three pt shots and miami shot 2/9

overall the game feels pretty good out of the box
Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
Here's an odd thought...not sure if that cheat thing works this way or not, and I don't want to download it and fiddle with it myself yet, but I'm wondering if it's possible to load up an association or something with the play vision working, save those settings and then have them work in My Career. Is that possible?
I think there might be something to this. I don't know how this thing works though. I don't know how to bring up all of the settings so I can know which one is turning off. I believe in certain circumstances, the "Run Plays" option for My Career is turning off, but I can't figure out how or why. It's also not in this table for me to see. I think if we can identify it, we can change it to force the play calling to happen when it auto shuts off. Since we can't turn it back on in a game, this might be the only way to do it.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #29
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

I tested Pro/Default but it's just too easy for me.It's fun, seems more fluid but I totally prefer Pro/Sim which plays great so far for me and feels like a tighter game.
I saw some console users complain about too high PiP and high OffReb.I have only played 6 or 7 exhibition games so far but I haven't seen these problems.In fact I saw cpu AI take mid range jumpers a lot.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #30
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownballa
What I did... I changed the fouls and adjusted shooting a bit. I lowered mid range close and inside to 45 and moved 3 point to 47. I adjusted fatigue to 47 game speed to 60. Changed all controls to absolute..

Thanks WTF... This is pretty perfect.
Can I ask how you change the controller controls to absolute using the cheat table? I am not seeing the option? Do you think it matters if I just change it in game?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Can I ask how you change the controller controls to absolute using the cheat table? I am not seeing the option? Do you think it matters if I just change it in game?
Sorry - If I was misleading. I just changed it in the normal menu. I was just sharing all of my settings that I am using.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #32
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownballa
Sorry - If I was misleading. I just changed it in the normal menu. I was just sharing all of my settings that I am using.
No problem, my friend. Thanks for confirming, and for the help in this thread. Very helpful, and a very nice tool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »