Home

Your GPUs?

This is a discussion on Your GPUs? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Your GPUs?

I wanted to get this for PC but I'm scared since my GPU is essentially one 'update' below the recommended.

Can you guys post your GPU's and framerates so I can get a good idea of what works? I have an AMD Radeon 7670 and plan to upgrade to an Nvidia geforce GTX 770, so any input on whether that would work would be great too.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your GPUs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
I wanted to get this for PC but I'm scared since my GPU is essentially one 'update' below the recommended.

Can you guys post your GPU's and framerates so I can get a good idea of what works? I have an AMD Radeon 7670 and plan to upgrade to an Nvidia geforce GTX 770, so any input on whether that would work would be great too.
I'm running maxed out at 2560x1600 with a gtx780 sc.

My friend is running with a gtx570, and he was running fine in 1080. I think he ended up turning off aa after one of our online matches together b/c he was stuttering some (but not sure if that was hw or server at this point. we just haven't played enough).

But, he seems to be able to run fine maxed or near maxed at 1080p with a gtx570, if that helps.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

I have a GTX 680 and am running pretty much max at 1080p. Other than some micro stuttering (which I somewhat fixed by playing on the "2K camera") and other inherent game problems (everybody's cutscenes lag i think) it's running quite well.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
Just started!

R9 280, max settings. Playing My Career with the default camera, no stuttering. Almost finished one game in MyPark a couple days ago, smooth as well before crashing on game point...
Old 10-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

I want to say I am running maxed out with a GTX-980 with EVERYTHING turned up.....to max.....

But first Australian version needs to unlock on Steam (which is now officially late)......

So I will let you guys know when they finally take care of us in crappy old Australia....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost (2GB VRam) -> 50-55 FPS with everything maxed out.

With Crowd Detail on Medium and Special Effects Off, I get 70+ FPS.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P

Don't buy a GTX770, you can get a GTX970 for nearly the same price.

I have a GTX 770 myself (OCed a bit) and it runs 60FPS Gameplay, in Cutscrenes there are some Slowdowns to 40-50fps. The GPU is definitly on 90% Load most of the time.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Radeon HD 7870 Gigabyte OC Edition. It's more than enough to run this game at 1080p, now that I've got the stuttering issue sorted. I can run it with all graphics options maxed except AA (4,4 I think) And it looks beautiful - the last batch of screens I posted in the PC screenshot thread are what I'm getting now.

My processor is actually more of the bottleneck in regards to this game - Core i7 - 860 Quad 2.80 GHz - just barely meeting the recommended requirements according to this site:

http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...ame=NBA%202K15

The game is more CPU-intensive than GPU-intensive IMO, and that may be why people with good cards are struggling to run it.

Last edited by bcruise; 10-09-2014 at 02:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »