Home

Performance decrease several years into MyLeague?

This is a discussion on Performance decrease several years into MyLeague? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Performance decrease several years into MyLeague?

First off, a little background--I'm one of those who exclusively play offline MyLeague.

Recently I've found my PC unable to handle the same settings that I could when I first got the game. This worried/frustrated me, and I tried messing around with configs to no avail.

Then, I started an NBA Today/quick game and the difference was like night and day. I could handle the same settings I used to with a buttery smooth 60 fps to boot.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? In my case, several years into a MyLeague I begin to experience performance hits when playing games. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but it is a bit of a nuisance.

Edit: Started up a fresh MyLeague and the performance is as good as the quick game. The sluggish performance seems to be exclusive to the MyLeague file with several years invested.

Last edited by joosegoose; 12-03-2014 at 01:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Re: Performance decrease several years into MyLeague?

Hate to bump the thread but this is happening again. I started a new MyLeague after my last post, and am now about 4 years in. There's now noticeable stutter when I play MyLeague games--only MyLeague is affected. I would really like to be able to play more than ~3 seasons of a franchise so I'm really hoping that I'm not stuck with this problem.

If anyone else has played multiple seasons of a franchise and experienced similar performance issues, I'd love to hear it.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:06 AM   #3
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

I think figured out what causes the problem.

Had a idea so I created a custom roster and filled the 76ers and Bucks with created players. Launched a quick game and had horrible stuttering. It seems that created players are especially taxing for me, at least on my system.

What could cause a roster full of created players to lag when playing? This completely kills the game for me.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #4
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

That's an interesting find. One thing that immediately comes to mind is that created players have "dynamic" faces, e.g. your My Player face can be modified on demand, where as real players presumably have static 3D meshes and textures. I assume other fake players are similar to your My Player, and aren't just derived from a pool of created meshes + textures.

It's a pretty trivial difference, but perhaps these are just slightly more taxing, and gradually as they fill more of the players on the floor, systems that could just barely handle it now start to struggle. What are you specs like?
Old 12-30-2014, 06:16 AM   #5
Rookie

nip83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
I think figured out what causes the problem.

Had a idea so I created a custom roster and filled the 76ers and Bucks with created players. Launched a quick game and had horrible stuttering. It seems that created players are especially taxing for me, at least on my system.

What could cause a roster full of created players to lag when playing? This completely kills the game for me.
Have you tested this with cpu generated draft classes too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
That's an interesting find. One thing that immediately comes to mind is that created players have "dynamic" faces, e.g. your My Player face can be modified on demand, where as real players presumably have static 3D meshes and textures. I assume other fake players are similar to your My Player, and aren't just derived from a pool of created meshes + textures.

It's a pretty trivial difference, but perhaps these are just slightly more taxing, and gradually as they fill more of the players on the floor, systems that could just barely handle it now start to struggle. What are you specs like?
I don't have the greatest specs--i5-4200u processor, 8 gb ram, gt 840m gpu--but the game runs perfectly fine on medium settings for me. At any rate, it baffles me that this would cause as much stuttering as it appears to. I can lower the settings but even then I swear it's not completely smooth like usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip83
Have you tested this with cpu generated draft classes too?
Not intentionally, but the first time I noticed it I was ~5 years into a franchise and I had been using nothing but cpu generated draft classes. So I would say it has the same effect.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #7
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

After a couple back and forths exchanging dxdiags and the like with 2k Support, I got this reply:

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that you're still having an issue with NBA 2K15. Because of the work of diligent players like you, we've been able to collect enough information about this issue to notify the development team, and they are currently working toward a solution. Unfortunately, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and so we don't have a timeline for a fix to be implemented. That said, please follow us on Twitter (@2K, @Ronnie2K, @NBA2K), as this is where new info as well as upcoming patches will be announced.
This would make it sound like others have been experiencing this, but I've yet to hear of any other similar problems so I'm skeptical. Did I just get a default answer and am unlikely to see any fix or help? I was under the impression that we are unlikely to see additional patches.

At this point I'm mainly just wondering if we're likely to see any more patches/fixes. If not I'll probably just go ahead and give up on the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »