Home

Have the PC versions been gimped?

This is a discussion on Have the PC versions been gimped? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 03:06 AM   #1
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0
Have the PC versions been gimped?

Hey, someone has claimed a few times here, on OS, that the PC version is/has been gimped the past couple years missing features such as "Arena Music, Shoes, Presentation Elements, Animations, etc".

Is this true? I recall Leftos and even LD2k/Ronnie (on stream) claiming the PC version is identical to the console version back when 2K15 was released.

Personally, having played both PC+PS4 versions for 15+16, I don't notice any differences, even having played hundreds of hours on each.

My question to other PC players is:

Is the PC version truly lacking these things compared to the console version? Just looking for clarification if others agree/disagree. Not trying to create any arguments, just a discussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Have the PC versions been gimped?

There is an issue on 2k16 when you go to a timeout the crowd and arena music go silent. That's the big one I've experienced. Also, you can't customize arena music on the PC version.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

In 2k16 the crowd was silent... not like the xbox/ps4 version, during time outs.. or after half time... the audio would go out (they fixed this with patches) but it still sounded like they were talking through a tin can at times!

The animations were the same.. and if ran at higher resolutions looks way better than xbx1/ps4.

Now you have the killer part if your a "park/ pro am player"... first off there is hardly anyone on the PC servers.. and secondly... for the past 2 years.. it's been ruined by a "cheat engine" which allows you to max your guy out to 99... (without playing a game).. which leads to cheesing.

On top of that you could create guys so large, with no speed loss... with the cheat. This made the game unplayable... in these modes.

If 2k17 cannot get rid of the cheat engine, and fix the audio (the fans, and commentators cutting in and out but mainly the FANS) (doesn't feel like you're at home or away... no difference!

If cheat engine still exists, only my career will be playable... and I've yet to see 2k TRY to stop it.

MY advice if your low on cash... get it from cdkeys for $29...for the P.C.

Missing the face scanning, and all the other stuff noted above.. $59 is highway robbery for P.C!

Hope this helps!
Old 08-31-2016, 09:21 PM   #4
MVP

Not in my opinion.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:40 AM   #5
Negative Vibe Merchant

pilonv1's Arena

OVR: 8

I've not had any issues with the game but the community is non existent (especially living outside the USA) so that makes it "gimped" for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

The reason I still go with the PC version is that I can play 11 min quarters and still get my POTG highlights at the end of the game. Also I can watch individual highlights too, something you cannot due on console.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #7
Rookie

As an offline person I did not see any problem.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:09 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 4

PC version is mainly for offline players and graphic whores. Mods are nothing to brag about anymore.

Im on the fence because I need to upgrade my Pc but dont feel like spending $300+.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »