Home

Is the PC version of this game still completely dead?

This is a discussion on Is the PC version of this game still completely dead? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 04:15 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Is the PC version of this game still completely dead?

I'm new to pc this year. Do we normally get rosters with tendencies reviewed to make the game better? 2k always mess the tendencies up!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Are there patches for PC? Plenty of the flaws found in other versions impact MyGM and MyLeague for PC.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk1985
Are there patches for PC? Plenty of the flaws found in other versions impact MyGM and MyLeague for PC.
I'm sure steam auto updates them,but if it doesn't you will get a notification that theres an update.

The 3pt problem is major,CPU hits at an unbelievable rate.

I run at default level I lose by 20/25... I run at rookie I win by 30..there is no happy medium...when you lower the difficulty isn't like they play worse,they're just programmed to miss many more shots than the other difficulty..really frustrating.

I believe the game needs to be slowed down,hard since the CPU is running at breakneck speed and warping and getting free for 3s.

I've played 2k since it began never had this problem. I oild always play one level above default..think Superstar... Now it's default arcade or arcade and win at rookie.

They need to tune this baby,the mechanism is there...just slow it down a bit.. rebounding defending all there.

Sure many will jump on this and say I suck,but I'm playing with th Celtics...not only have Kyrie and Hayward.. I also have my created player who is overall the best you can set it as...Al hortford..traded to get Embied..

Have Crowder, Smart...my guy who is all star.. great defensive players..all just sit there.

Sure you can modify things but out of the box this game is a joke.

Needs a few game tuners.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-01-2017, 09:39 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich
I'm sure steam auto updates them,but if it doesn't you will get a notification that theres an update.

I run at default level I lose by 20/25... I run at rookie I win by 30..there is no happy medium...when you lower the difficulty isn't like they play worse,they're just programmed to miss many more shots than the other difficulty..really frustrating.

I believe the game needs to be slowed down,hard since the CPU is running at breakneck speed and warping and getting free for 3s.

I've played 2k since it began never had this problem. I oild always play one level above default..think Superstar... Now it's default arcade or arcade and win at rookie.

They need to tune this baby,the mechanism is there...just slow it down a bit.. rebounding defending all there.

Sure many will jump on this and say I suck,but I'm playing with th Celtics...not only have Kyrie and Hayward.. I also have my created player who is overall the best you can set it as...Al hortford..traded to get Embied..

Have Crowder, Smart...my guy who is all star.. great defensive players..all just sit there.

Needs a few game tuners.

Thank-- I get steam update notifications, just wasn't sure that was all there was.

I play MyLeague and can't go over the cap to re-sign my second best player even though I have bird rights. I'm waiting on a fix so I don't have to break up my team.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:10 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk1985
Thank-- I get steam update notifications, just wasn't sure that was all there was.

I play MyLeague and can't go over the cap to re-sign my second best player even though I have bird rights. I'm waiting on a fix so I don't have to break up my team.

Lower the salary of someone else on your team so you can sign him. Then when signed, go back and correct the salary of the player you lowered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 10:26 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Lower the salary of someone else on your team so you can sign him. Then when signed, go back and correct the salary of the player you lowered.
Thanks-- I never edited players other than to change positions so I forgot I could do that.

I had two problems:

1. I lowered three players contracts and couldn't sign my player still, so I went to change their contracts back and the maximum I could give them was below what I had been paying them. So I guess the range for the edits doesn't keep up with the cap.

2. When I still couldn't sign my player, I looked and my team salary was way above what I was paying my players, even accounting for cap holds. I can post a screenshot to demonstrate later but there's some phantom money being counted.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich

Needs a few game tuners.

true, but check your defensive settings also. they tend to reset or the match ups change where you'll have 1 player defending 2 different people on the court. they get messed up after timeouts so check them. if you didnt know.

most of those three's are hit because of defensive breakdowns. there is a great video about how to set up your defense.
the cpu stopped hitting 3's at a ridiculous rate, once I made the correct defensive adjustments, which is basically to have nothing set on auto, except match ups.
in addition the ai controlled team will slow the game down by running more offensive sets.

just an fyi
Old 10-04-2017, 08:24 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm sure we can adjust the settings.. but on Default out of the box..it's broken..just simple man to man..without any screens from the CPU..they leave the man wide open..and mysteriously they get wide open..and crappy shooters hit at a ridiculously high rate..I haven't played in a few days so I'm hoping the defensive AI has been fixed.

I know when you play basketball you make adjustments but not on a basic level...still no way a CPU should get wide open ..with. NO sets being done by them..and the high percentage rate is off the charts..I lowered it to rookie and while they still get wide open..they just MISS at a high rate.I win by 30,up one level I get blown out..this is the first 2k even at default level where it's ever played like this.

Many can come on and say you can't play defense or you need to adjust because the CPU is so smart,while that may be true..you cannot find that out because MY CPU. Controlled players are dumb and they are high defensive guys in NBA (smart and Crowder) very good defenders..no way bench players get wide open..and nail 3s.

Again this is OUT of the box,this may have been fixed probably what 3rd or 4th Patch already.

Until 2k fixes this issue,why can't they issue a global slider set, not ones made by users..because everyone plays differently..and at different levels..who knows better than 2k.. who made the game how it's supposed to be tuned.

That would remedy 3/4of the problems.. the time out thing needs to be fixed (again)..but for me I didn't even use assignments..so that didn't matter.. sometimes you play someone tighter..but talking just basic basketball.

I won't start getting into deeper sets because they will patch again..and ruin everything..sadly got this midnight of TIPOFF..and it probably won't be ready to fully play until NBA TIPOFF in real life (OCt 17th) great matches too.

I can slow the game down..but since the CPU is draining 3s...you're forced to play at a higher tempo..even with bottom of the barrel teams..

This isn't football..where you slow the game down to keep a high powered offense off the field..while that makes sense..you cannot do that in this game if hypothetically every time they touch it they score...once behind..you must play at their Pace.

I do believe this will all be fixed...but should have never been released in this state..

Also one thing that feels weird..the CPU can start off super quickly or slow. Has nothing to really do with my defense..they either hit or don't..and k do my job on offense.. but I'm sure many feel it's almost canned.. they go on runs..and then you take your then..and it keeps going..there is no flow. I have not seen one team play they way they do in real life.

When mainly because they can get open and drain 3s..it ruins it..but can easily be fixed.. I shouldn't have to pay full price for a game that j have to adjust on rookie or default.. now higher levels of course.. Superstar and HOF..supposed to be a huge challenge.

How do serious players feel..that people who play on rookie or default get the same amount of VC.. how is that fair to people who put tons of time in.. all the rewards the game used to have are gone.

Don't even get me started on VC..that's just salt on the wound especially to online players.

I've played about 7 games.. 2-3 TIPOFF ..and 3 about the 2nd or 3rd patch..I may have played one more time..after the 3rd but offline it was the same.

Defense itself FEELS great and authentic..and rebounding feels great..but it's not gratifying if the CPU AI is ruining the experience.

Game feels amazing..it's why it's so frustrating because literally offline .(that's all I play).. if you fix the AI. Defensive it will allow the game to be played as it should.

I am still going to wait until they Patch it again..if they don't patch it by TIPOFF ods are they won't this year and will only break more things.

Then I will use sliders...and deeper defensive settings.

Just seems like they made one game that was supposed to be 2 games..and until they separate online(mypark/proam)..this will always exist..

Why do I say this..because say someone plays BOTH offline and online...online they tune it differently according to how it should be in the park.. then. Someone plays offline.. their shot is way off..and feels broken.. hard to get used to 2 jump shots..or timing.

Hopefully others are enjoying this..and I do appreciate all the modders..and the great guys here on OS forums..who are making sliders to make the game more playable..but we shouldn't have to do this..what about the people who don't go on YouTube or the forums???They will never know.

Shouldn't have to Google " how to fix NBA 2k18 so it plays real" or Google.." How to stop Andre Roberson..from killing you from 3pt range" 😆😆

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »