Home

Performance Hints?

This is a discussion on Performance Hints? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 05:27 PM   #9
Rookie

Istanbul's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Performance Hints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich
I'm going to check, game debate I have an account and account there. While the card might be sufficient, 2gb of ram..isn't much ideally 4 gm vra is needed when running at higher settings..

You have a m after your processor..assuming it's mobile. .this is a laptop. ..obviously. .also 8 GB RAM ..is cutting it close.. because it depends what type of ram you're running.. ddr3 ddr4..what speed.

What is disturbing that you could run fine for a few days..obviously their update broke system (nothing new here).

Only thing until I check game debate ..is think the update messed it up..you could delete it.. download again without the patch.....or maybe download off a torrent legally ..the preload..and use that until they remedy it...

Just throwing stuff out there.. best option is to wait..for a new fix..or sometimes..they hot fix it..or they release a new driver...sometimes when a game is extremely laggy.

Pretty sure you can preload off a legal torrent..and play if you have to..but don't know how far you've gone into my carer or anything like that.

I'm in a but of a animal crisis right now..so might take me a bit to get back to you.,but there's a site called canirunit and game-debate,it can literally scan your system and tell you if there's a problem with your specs.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
I know my specs cant handle too much graphic quality but as i said everything was good and you are right they have minor updated the game, i guess so too.Thanks for your help mate.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbul
I know my specs cant handle too much graphic quality but as i said everything was good and you are right they have minor updated the game, i guess so too.Thanks for your help mate.
No problem. .just want everyone to enjoy it..I love doing hardware ..so hopefully we completely rule out your machine/specs. . We know it's 2k .. I will also look at your driver many times they have a special beta/ hot fix driver...that isn't shown as an update from your Nvidia panel.

I'm going to run it through game debate..see if it spits out the specs that would be best.. if that don't work..2k has some explaining to do ...

I do see someone posted a remedy up above..changing the configuration, have you tried that?

From all frame rate problems.. whoever posted the configuration file that's usually the best way to get a resolution. .please let me know if that generous person posted above. Works okay?

☆Hopefully it can work..until they resolve this.

Let me know.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just got a new gaming laptop and I am wondering why 2k18 is running sluggish. I have a i7 7700hq, 1060 Nvidia 6gb ram, 16 gb ram........ It can't handle the game on ultra and high pushes it...... Now I'm also not sure part of the problem is the screen reportedly has a slow response time so I am wondering if that explains some of the issues, as well. I am open returning it for a laptop that has G-SYNC, if that would help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
I just got a new gaming laptop and I am wondering why 2k18 is running sluggish. I have a i7 7700hq, 1060 Nvidia 6gb ram, 16 gb ram........ It can't handle the game on ultra and high pushes it...... Now I'm also not sure part of the problem is the screen reportedly has a slow response time so I am wondering if that explains some of the issues, as well. I am open returning it for a laptop that has G-SYNC, if that would help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Does the card say it supports 4k? Have you checked Nvidia control panel..and also downloaded latest drivers?

I know these are simple questions..but sometimes it's that obvious because you THINK you bought a top of the line laptop doesn't mean every part is.

This is not aimed at you..but if high setting is better than 1080p.and it runs fine probably NOT the screen.

From what I gather you can't run on ultra and honestly with those specs you should be able to ..but you can run a notch below at high..

If you go into settings..and display on Windows..when. You see the resolution..it will show you the MAX resolution.

Many people run into this but make sure you're not using an onboard GPU.make sure Nvidia control panel knows not to assign the onboard..GPU. personally I disabled it in bios..be because some apps and games pick that up too,or disable it in device manager.

This right here is the best price of advice I can give you it's a site called game-debate I don't own it or get anything from it..you can have two options have it run an auto check..or you can enter in the fields..it will tell you what would be the max. Settingsand what the bottle neck is/would be.

Please use that site you can use it as a free member..it's well worth it..than pulling your hair out for something that is beyond your control.

Lastly realize this is possibly the most poorly optimized game in NBA 2k series ever ..any takes the cake for most poorly optimized than most games.

They get away with this.. because you have a higher power rig,if you have any problems turn it down a notch,and bang you're set. But honestly you're not that's NOT what you paid for,for the game or the RIG you bought.

You're not alone they're are many people on steam forums ..who are steamed literally.. take a look..the reviews of the game are horrendous..because most easily have the minimum specs..and cannot run the game,so imagine someone puke yourself forking over a ton of cash thinking this I good for a few years at least for any AAA title..

Not with this game,please go to game-debate (dotcom) before you RETURN the laptop.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:04 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich
Does the card say it supports 4k? Have you checked Nvidia control panel..and also downloaded latest drivers?

I know these are simple questions..but sometimes it's that obvious because you THINK you bought a top of the line laptop doesn't mean every part is.

This is not aimed at you..but if high setting is better than 1080p.and it runs fine probably NOT the screen.

From what I gather you can't run on ultra and honestly with those specs you should be able to ..but you can run a notch below at high..

If you go into settings..and display on Windows..when. You see the resolution..it will show you the MAX resolution.

Many people run into this but make sure you're not using an onboard GPU.make sure Nvidia control panel knows not to assign the onboard..GPU. personally I disabled it in bios..be because some apps and games pick that up too,or disable it in device manager.

This right here is the best price of advice I can give you it's a site called game-debate I don't own it or get anything from it..you can have two options have it run an auto check..or you can enter in the fields..it will tell you what would be the max. Settingsand what the bottle neck is/would be.

Please use that site you can use it as a free member..it's well worth it..than pulling your hair out for something that is beyond your control.

Lastly realize this is possibly the most poorly optimized game in NBA 2k series ever ..any takes the cake for most poorly optimized than most games.

They get away with this.. because you have a higher power rig,if you have any problems turn it down a notch,and bang you're set. But honestly you're not that's NOT what you paid for,for the game or the RIG you bought.

You're not alone they're are many people on steam forums ..who are steamed literally.. take a look..the reviews of the game are horrendous..because most easily have the minimum specs..and cannot run the game,so imagine someone puke yourself forking over a ton of cash thinking this I good for a few years at least for any AAA title..

Not with this game,please go to game-debate (dotcom) before you RETURN the laptop.

The screen is 1080p and the Nvidia drivers are up to date. I have the game set up to use the Nvidia card in Nvidia control panel. I will take a look at the site you mentioned and see how it goes. Thanks for the response

Old 09-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
The screen is 1080p and the Nvidia drivers are up to date. I have the game set up to use the Nvidia card in Nvidia control panel. I will take a look at the site you mentioned and see how it goes. Thanks for the response

One more question.... If I decide the screen is a real problem due to response time.... Should I look for a laptop with G-SYNC or 120 hz..... They rarely are sold together..... The reason why I think the screen is a problem is because even running 2k18 with medium settings, the animation seems jerky and hard to follow at times....

Old 09-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

I can save you the time..you cannot go over 1080p ..if you're monitor/display max is 1080p.. now sometimes you can trick it to go higher but we'll not worth the hack..

Honestly if 4k is what you want..return the laptop ASAP..because they video card is capable of running possibly 4k..

But your moni isn't,honestly don't know why it would be sold that way,but it's how vendors take advantage of people..you look at the specs and say wow..good price..but devil is in the details.

Right now if you have a 4k monitor/TV you can use that..but the display itself cannot go higher than 1080p..and pushing it higher is going to cause hardware damage..and artifacts.

I don't know how much you paid,if you want give maybe a dollar amount that you're willing to spend..I'm only trying to help here but tech and hardware is what I love..so will always try to find you the best item that fits your needs.

I don't mean j sell computers lol I just will maybe help you find one suited for what you want to play.. when. You enter 4k territory...gets dicey.

What's your Max budget..

Remember don't force the monitor to go higher..play on 1080p..and Max out settings inside 2k itself..it will look amazing still,but if true 4k ..is the experience you want..you need to return. That.

It's like putting a VCR tape attached he'd to a HD TV,it still won't make the VCR tape look better...because the source isn't HAD.

This is a bit of over exaggeration..but you get the idea.

Please truly don't go higher than 1080p..enjoy it and return it...and let us know what your budget is.

Realize 4k is very attainable on the desktop..but laptop you're really paying a premium because honestly 4m won't even be the standard for most people for another 2 years.. us p.c gamers yes but the average person in public is used to consoles...and right now they're having a hard time getting to 4k without some Tricks.

I would use the game-debate site it will tell you exactly what you need to run it in 4k even tons of reviews and experiences with real Gamers and real computer people not shills.

Personally I'd donate the $1 or whatever it is to go premium because you can. Get addicted to the forums..and the help is amazing.

Again what's your Max budget...and is 4k. Must..if not use this one..but if you intend to play 4k..this isn't the one.

I don't want to clog the threads up..not sure if this is helping others..if you wish you to PM me that's fine.

Also to anyone else if a frame rate issue..I will reply here too..as long as it isn't detracting to other forum users I will respond publicly.

Good luck buddy 👌

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
One more question.... If I decide the screen is a real problem due to response time.... Should I look for a laptop with G-SYNC or 120 hz..... They rarely are sold together..... The reason why I think the screen is a problem is because even running 2k18 with medium settings, the animation seems jerky and hard to follow at times....

Gsync really won't matter in sports..only shooters.

Let me say why.. in a sports game the standard is 60 fps...within 2k18 you can lock it in t 60 fps..and can also do it via Nvidia control panel.

Where you would likely use gsync and the other's is for FPS shooters need very quick reaction time..while 60 fps..is still great..the person who is getting 120ghz locked in...has the advange over you..it's minor but HUGE for serious fps shooters..

Also take this into consideration..if you're an Ex console player..and you're playing a true p.c gamer ..you using the. Controller..even at 120hz.. the person at 60 will destroy you because the MOUSE and keyboard are MUCH MUCH more efficient,I know it doesn't seem right I. The mind but many are used to a gamepad.. true pc gamers ..well actually crown upon console users...

They have the serious advantage..over anyone who is using a controller.

You need an amazing rig to sustain 120hz ..just because you. It a monitor that can lock in at 120 hz doesn't mean you GET IT, if you're hard can only do 70 max.. you cannot use 120...you would use vsync at 60 fps.

Reason you want to lock into 120hz is to not have flucuations say jumimb from 130 to 160.. so to reduce even that you settle on 120hz.. this way you get the smoothest experience.

I hope this explained it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »