Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #321
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2

Also out of every post in here, I haven't heard one person mention how great the foot planting is, and how there is 0 sliding.... this is one main reason the game seems slow to some people. They aren't sliding all over the place and moving crazy. Instead its actually animating foot movement and planting while in different motions.
Actually there is sliding especially compared to live 08. that is what helps the game look smoother. 2K has much more sliding in 2k8 and the lone video for 2k9 though.

I was dissapointed a bit to see that. but it does feel good to feel some momentum in the game its just a bit inconsistent in the transition of some animations.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #322
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutumbo888
-what would you rate Nba Live 08's demo and what would you rate 09's demo?

-will this demo fit on a memory card?

thanks
I would rate live 08 demo a 3 and 08 like a 7. comparing them to each other that is what I would give.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #323
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

i didnt read throught the thread but is there a way to skip that damn 365 (whatever!) vid each time i load up the demo?

if freakin annoying!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #324
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Okay, I definitely notice the hitch with the blocking. It's just a slight delay, and it seems like they basically gather themselves before they jump... Sometimes they'll take a kind of hop step forward before going for the block (to get extra elevation) or just bend their knees to jump. I guess that's sort of a good thing (momentum-based is good), but it makes it nearly impossible to challenge shots, especially quick hooks and whatnot in the post.

It seems to happen sometimes with steals too -- they take a second before swiping at it. Same with rebounds. I hope they tighten that up a bit and it's just a demo issue. Pared, did you notice that in the build you played at Community Day?
This is a problem that I hope is addressed in the final build. Or at the very least corrected with a patch post-retail release. I think it is some sort of gather animation but it should occur much quicker if you're running out to contest an open perimiter shot.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #325
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i didnt read throught the thread but is there a way to skip that damn 365 (whatever!) vid each time i load up the demo?

if freakin annoying!!!!
No unfortunately I don't think there is man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #326
All Star

OVR: 35

I like the pace and flow of the game.

The shooting motions are terrible and it just doesn't have the control that the 2k games have. The player models seem too skinny. Definitely passing on this one.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #327
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
couldve sent me a PM BS2 lol

dont get bent over a comment man, i enjoyed the video, and yours was very nice too Reuben.. keep it up guys
Well go back to video 1 click on my profile...

And Video 2 should be up now!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #328
MVP

OVR: 14

After 3 games with no sliders set yet nor did I bump the speed. The game is better than I thought it would be. With slider tweaks, this game will play a very good game of basketball. I see some people complaining about And 1 moves and whatnot, but remember EA has to cator to everybody and this is just a video game. So cool action packed plays liek that I can deal with (remember March Madness and the glass shattering backboards-we use to think that was so cool)

With the addition of replays in easports world, I feel we are going to see some awesome videos from people. Not sure if they are adding the screenshot feature ala NCAA 09? Think about the dynasty possiblities. But this game is beautiful, it's just next gen to me. The practice gym is very cool and the fact that your teammates are there is a nice touch.

I still have not used the pick and roll, called a play or learn the quick strike moves. All things I'll delve into when I get home for a relaxing weekend. (Not sure how relaxing it'll be with a 16 month old child) But I look forward to learning all of it to add to the experience.

As far as the jumpshots, I too read that it would be based on the player pushing the button and not on the player's shot % like last year. My jumpshots in the game felt ok, never thought about it becasue I remember reading that blog. But I will test when I get home. If Beluba or any other players can shed some light on there experience, this would eb a major issue for me. I'd liek to feel in control of a made or missed shot. Freethrows are weird, but I like it better than the right stick freethrow shooting. I prefer 2k's right stick shooting free throws.

Over-all, I'm excited about the series and it looks like I'll be getting just NBA Live this year. I might rent NBA 2k9 but with all the games coming out in the fall, unless they do a 29.99 around christmas--2k9 is a rental.

I hope Madden and Live incorporate the online dynasty feature because that is taking 99% of my video gaming time right now That feature is awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »