Home

Season play is basically useless...

This is a discussion on Season play is basically useless... within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Season play is basically useless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Yeah, it will work. I restarted my dynasty and I checked the team's rotations before playing a game. Tmac was ont he rockets, manu and parker where there, etc.

It sucks that you have to turn injuries off to get a proper dynasty, but you will get train wreck rosters otherwise.
Thanks for the update. I can live with this workaround. Peace!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #18
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Okay...so I sit down to start a season, pick the Mavs as I want to run with J Kidd.

Get ready for battle with the Rockets, Jazz etc out west.

But, hang on...Tracy McGrady isn't in the game.

Carlos Boozer isn't in the game.

And several other all star level guys aren't in the game.

Why? Because they are injured this week...so they'll never appear in your season of LIVE. Never.

If a guy is injured now...he stays that way FOREVER in the game...and you can't move him off IR.

T-Mac is going to miss the next few weeks, so any season you guys start in that time period will never include him.

When Booze comes back in real life...he stll won't ever appear in my season that I've started.

Even if I play a full season...and meet the Jazz in the playoffs, he'll be on IR.

I think Aaron said a few weeks ago here "It's like all these guys died or something" as they are never in the game.

The only way around this is to re-set the rosters...which means I lose all the dna / new players / trades...default rosters will mean Darius Miles is still playing...

Crazy. Season play is basically useless with these rosters.

For the EA guys here...isn't there some way you can release a roster for us guys who want to start a season post patch and not have multiple players never play?

It's ridiculous that a guy out for 3 days when you commence your season never plays in the game.
This should now be fixed
Old 12-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #19
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
This should now be fixed
Seriously? The cpu can now manage it's IR properly? How is this fixed without a patch?
Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #20
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
Seriously? The cpu can now manage it's IR properly? How is this fixed without a patch?
We had to make a call so you guys could play with the players you want to in dynasty.

If a player is injured, he does default to the bottom three spots on the roster, but he isn't "injured." The bottome three guys on a roster have to be moved into the starting lineup via the "Team Management" option.

It's a workaround, but you can download data right now and see that we turned off the injuries.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #21
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #22
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
We had to make a call so you guys could play with the players you want to in dynasty.

If a player is injured, he does default to the bottom three spots on the roster, but he isn't "injured." The bottome three guys on a roster have to be moved into the starting lineup via the "Team Management" option.

It's a workaround, but you can download data right now and see that we turned off the injuries.

But does this now hamper online play ??? If' I go online and play a guy who picks the Rockets for example: is he going to be able to take an "injured" TMAC and just place him in the starting line up ???

Or will TMAC still be unavailable like it is now online ??
Old 12-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #23
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

I just started a new dynasty with the newest 365 rosters... guys like T MAC are still on IR, and still never come off. Not only that, but when starters on CPU controlled teams get hurt, they still get put on IR, and never come off of IR even after they've recovered from their injury.

Nothing's changed. The only way to have a dynasty where every injury isn't a season ending injury for the CPU controlled teams is to turn injuries off. And if you want Boozer, TMAC, ect. to ever play, you have to adjust the roster and take them off of IR before you start your dynasty.

Last edited by cactusruss; 12-05-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #24
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

So would this work while at the same time allowing injuries to be turned on during a dynasty/season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »