Home

NBA Live 365 and Dynamic DNA: Four Months Later

This is a discussion on NBA Live 365 and Dynamic DNA: Four Months Later within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Hey EA I think the whole idea of DNA is going 2 change the sports game world im sick of playing game and the player whatever the sport play different than they do in real life NCAA college football can be the 1 who benefits most from this
Old 02-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
Of all the sports games i've played maybe of all time nba live 09 feel the realest jump shooter shoot,and driver drive the daily update roster isnt as big of a deal 2 me as the dna feature is even with the ability 2 use it during franchise mode 2 have player with an accurate mindset is genius!
Old 02-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 17
While cool in concept, adjusting how an entire team plays based on one game doesn't make sense to me. Just because one guy went off the night before has no affect on how the next game will go due to matchups, foul troubles whatever. Maybe Live 365 already does it but i would think weekly attribute tweaks rather than daily makes much more sense to me, i don't wanna see a team keep going to Zaza Pachulia just because he put up a 20-10 night

Again i haven't spent a lot of time if any with this feature so i'm not sure how drastically the attribute changes affect the gameplay but it seems a big extreme to me
Old 02-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
While cool in concept, adjusting how an entire team plays based on one game doesn't make sense to me. Just because one guy went off the night before has no affect on how the next game will go due to matchups, foul troubles whatever. Maybe Live 365 already does it but i would think weekly attribute tweaks rather than daily makes much more sense to me, i don't wanna see a team keep going to Zaza Pachulia just because he put up a 20-10 night

Again i haven't spent a lot of time if any with this feature so i'm not sure how drastically the attribute changes affect the gameplay but it seems a big extreme to me
PS. It's not even EA doing the DNA anyways, it's a third party company that provides all the data, EA just provides the computer program (NBA Live) to simulate the logarithms with a byproduct that in this case is a video game
Old 02-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Its quite obvious you really don't get what 365 is really doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #22
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA Live 365 and Dynamic DNA: Four Months Later

i'll have to second that SCRIPTED comment

its scripted IMO
i could get petty and technical but its a game and that has to be accepted to fully appretiate how good this feature is to the future of sports gaming with that said.

it does not matter if synergy or EA does the DNA its still subjective to someone's opinion of what the stats say and theres are not enough randomness and thats where the scripted nature begins.

LBJ may get 30 shots fine but when i know where 20 of them are coming from ( which side of the court, 10 shots from pick and roll, 10 shots from post up) come on.

if things were this clear those guys at synergy would be good coaches making millions

its not random enough..........there a saying "thats why they play the game" not here we know Big z gets it on the right side by the free throw line he is pulling it 100% of the time
Old 02-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #23
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i'll have to second that SCRIPTED comment

its scripted IMO
i could get petty and technical but its a game and that has to be accepted to fully appretiate how good this feature is to the future of sports gaming with that said.

it does not matter if synergy or EA does the DNA its still subjective to someone's opinion of what the stats say and theres are not enough randomness and thats where the scripted nature begins.

LBJ may get 30 shots fine but when i know where 20 of them are coming from ( which side of the court, 10 shots from pick and roll, 10 shots from post up) come on.

if things were this clear those guys at synergy would be good coaches making millions

its not random enough..........there a saying "thats why they play the game" not here we know Big z gets it on the right side by the free throw line he is pulling it 100% of the time
carnalnirvava,

Instead, the Synergy guys are getting paid by NBA coaches making millions

This was a NBA league service first.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Speaking of scripted and the 'scripted feel' you get while playing.

I have played 3 separate games over the last couple of days against the Grizzlies, Nets, and the Clippers.

And I'm starting to get that 'scripted feel' in regards to the CPU playcalling. There is a pick and roll play from the baseline that the AI calls waaaaay too much for different teams.

In my games against the Nets and Grizzlies, the CPU ran this play the majority of the game.

I think I'm realising that the game really does not utilze team specific plays/playbooks for the majority of the teams in Live 09. I'm starting to see too many of the same sets run by various teams in the game.

Hopefully, all playbooks/playsets will be team specific for Live 10. I know Beluba said he was working on this if I'm not mistaken.

It's essential to get all team's running different sets.

Otherwise the CPU gets waaaay too predictable and the game starts to feel 'scripted' from a playcalling standpoint.

This is an issue that has been prevelant in the 2k series, and I'm hoping that Live doesn't follow that trend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »