Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 12
Jano you just put up a link that we can look at to see all the ratings that live uses in the game, but my problem with that is everybody still feels the same. I just looked at that link and vince carter quickness is rated an 80 and jason kidd is an 89 but you will never be able to tell a difference when you play the game. I play live all the time and everybody feels the same. Thats why i hope they fix that in live 10.

Hopefully live will have a distinction between players in live 10. That will make the game soooo much better.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #90
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA

Yea I know what your saying navyboy and I think that this year we are going to finally see some of that distinction with the players.

I remember seeing somewhere that this year they have added 1000 (or 100 I can't remember exactly but I'm hoping for 1000) new animations.

This is huge because that means they can add a lot of animations that will be able display the differences between superstar players like Kobe and Lebron versus role players like Boobie Gibson and Jordan Farmar.

For example 4 of those 1000 animations could be just for exploding out of the triple threat. Each animation would vary in speed here are some examples...

lightning fast- which would be for guys like CP3
Fast- like Kobe or Bron
Quick- which would work well for a guy like Farmar or for a big man like KG who is quick.
Average which would be for everyone else

This would allow you to see a visual difference between players. Which would not only effect the game visually but also in the way we play.

We would finally have to give guys like CP3 or TJ Ford room for fear of getting burned.

This would also make guys like Kobe hard to guard because of their fast first step and ability to shoot.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #91
Rookie

jano, thats exactly what they should do. I been trying to say that same thing. People just don't know how much little stuff like that can make a BIG difference in a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Yea I know what your saying navyboy and I think that this year we are going to finally see some of that distinction with the players.

I remember seeing somewhere that this year they have added 1000 (or 100 I can't remember exactly but I'm hoping for 1000) new animations.

This is huge because that means they can add a lot of animations that will be able display the differences between superstar players like Kobe and Lebron versus role players like Boobie Gibson and Jordan Farmar.

For example 4 of those 1000 animations could be just for exploding out of the triple threat. Each animation would vary in speed here are some examples...

lightning fast- which would be for guys like CP3
Fast- like Kobe or Bron
Quick- which would work well for a guy like Farmar or for a big man like KG who is quick.
Average which would be for everyone else

This would allow you to see a visual difference between players. Which would not only effect the game visually but also in the way we play.

We would finally have to give guys like CP3 or TJ Ford room for fear of getting burned.

This would also make guys like Kobe hard to guard because of their fast first step and ability to shoot.
I think this is something they will be talking about in a upcoming blog, also this took me back to the Live is back blog and these quotes make this a strong possibility.

From the Live is back blog
Quote: getting to a never seen before level of authenticity with
our players

I’m also really excited about the level of authenticity and team differentiation that you’ll see in the game this year. Again, like nothing seen in a basketball game to date. I’ll let the experts break all of this down for you in the coming weeks as Mike Wang, Jeff Antwi and Novell Thomas will get into more detail on exactly what we’ve done and why.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #93
Supporter

OVR: 22

Great blog. You have to appreciate what synergy brings to the table; hopefully 09 was just a taste of what its truly capable of.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #94
Rookie

in one blog that i read they said they were taking all of the dribbling animation out from 09 and all new crossovers and dribbles for live 10. I think that they should have game tempo like their college basketball do b/c every team aint fast tempo and i think that will affect the game too. in a good way
Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #95
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Tempo has been confirmed by Beluba here's the quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba

Yeah this is something i think you guys are really going to dig. Novell, one of our gameplay producers, will be blogging about this later on... but this is an area of the game that got a significant upgrade. We started by integrating the team tempo feature from ncaa and then built on top of that. If you're a big x's and o's guy, i think you'll appreciate the level of authenticity in the team specific offensive systems in Live 10.
Found it in the Ask the devs a question thread.

Last edited by Jano; 07-08-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #96
Rookie

i didn't see that blog but im glad that they are putting that in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »