Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Request Thread

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Request Thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Patch Request Thread

haha i knew there was supposed to be a thread!

anyway heres a few things i didnt like and i know it might be nitpicking but here it is:

rocket dunks

players step out of bounds and its not called

too many dunks are being blocked

should be a little bit easier to steal the ball from the cpu

players should be a little more responsive when a loose balls going out of bounds

i wish the rim physics were a tad bit better. sometimes shots just roll off the rim after a three point shot

cpu blocks a little bit too much (even on jumpshots)

players should move around just a little bit more to get open, set picks, post up
Old 09-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
haha i knew there was supposed to be a thread!

anyway heres a few things i didnt like and i know it might be nitpicking but here it is:

rocket dunks

players step out of bounds and its not called

too many dunks are being blocked

should be a little bit easier to steal the ball from the cpu

players should be a little more responsive when a loose balls going out of bounds

i wish the rim physics were a tad bit better. sometimes shots just roll off the rim after a three point shot

cpu blocks a little bit too much (even on jumpshots)

players should move around just a little bit more to get open, set picks, post up
Some of this stuff you guys are asking them to patch doesn't really need a patch.

I started messing witht the sliders and half those things you listed is slider related.

Too many blocks lower the Dunk/Layup Block slider if it's happening inside. If it's happening on the perimeter lower the Shot block slider

Steals weren't a problem for me once i increased the steals slider

Players stepping out of bounds might be fixed with a patch but also noticed the boundary force field slider was removed and years past that kept players from stepping out of bounds.

I'm not trying to tell you guys how to play the game but there are some sliders that fix some of those issues already without a patch needing to address it.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Some of this stuff you guys are asking them to patch doesn't really need a patch.

I started messing witht the sliders and half those things you listed is slider related.

Too many blocks lower the Dunk/Layup Block slider if it's happening inside. If it's happening on the perimeter lower the Shot block slider

Steals weren't a problem for me once i increased the steals slider

Players stepping out of bounds might be fixed with a patch but also noticed the boundary force field slider was removed and years past that kept players from stepping out of bounds.

I'm not trying to tell you guys how to play the game but there are some sliders that fix some of those issues already without a patch needing to address it.
lol ik but im not a fan of messin around with sliders myself. is there gonna be an option to create user created sliders?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Request Thread

Note* I'm not fully aware of all the things a patch can fix/alter/improve so I'm just going to throw everything I can think of out there.

- Players like Gasol and Bynum being able to use spin moves and euro steps to get to the basket needs to be taken out.

Also D.Howard and Gasol attempting turn around shots from 18 feet .

- Windmill dunks in traffic. I thought this was fixed but I just saw Lamar Odom pull one off over Dwight Howard.

- CPU logic needs some fine tuning. Often the CPU will have a wide open jumpshot but instead drive to the basket and try to force up a contested layup. Also the "dribbling out the clock" (glitch?)

- Players not waiting for the ball to get off the rim before grabbing the rebound.

- The turn around 3 pointer needs to go. I'd rather the player just do a normal set shot in that situation.

- Anyway to patch the armpit, forearm, elbow blocking?

-Less stripping of the ball in the paint for guys with decent handles.

- Rocket dunks.

- Shorten the distance from where a player can take off to attempt a layup/ dunk. As it is, you can take off from just inside the 3 point line.

- Rebounding responsiveness. The block button combined with the left stick should have more influence on the direction the player goes to attempt a block.

- Post button?

*Nit picking*

- The net could move a little more with made shots.

- The sweat could be toned down a bit.

- The overall contrast on players jerseys could also be toned down.

- Cloth physics are over exaggerated and numbers on the jerseys seem to distort because of this. Can that be improved?

That's all I can think of for now, I'll come back to this when I can think of some more.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #21
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

I agree completely on the auto-switch to PG after made baskets.

Also, I think the playcalling system would function more smoothly if you could actually just stand neutral and hit A when it lights up to pass to the designated man. I have too many broken plays trying to use normal passing and the other options are sometimes cumbersome when you're trying to get it to the correct man quickly and on-time. Changing it so a neutral press of A makes the right pass would be great and then you can still use the other passing types as well as using LS plus normal pass to break out of the play or whatever.

Seems like a source of confusion for people in playcalling too... seem lots of people confused on how that works.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
lol ik but im not a fan of messin around with sliders myself. is there gonna be an option to create user created sliders?
They have them already in the but I don't think people are messing with them to actually see how they effect game play.

Like for instance the post before this one.

He mentions the ball being stripped in the post. There is a slider to reduce that already. There's no need for a patch if you don't like to be stripped of the ball increase the Hands in the Post slider or decrease the CPU's ability to strip you.

I just think some things are being posted that if the user looks unders settings for about 5 minutes and gave them a tweak it would cut down some of the things on the list.

I also noticed with the speed slider reduced down it kinda takes away rocket dunking but hey maybe EA will fix it by way of patch and we won't have to reduce the game speed.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-13-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 8

Excuse my ignorance but what the hell is a rocket dunk?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 17

I think the cpu blocks should be tuned down a bit because fisher doesnt block well but he had no problem blocking nelson from behind even after he was clearly beat on a drive by nelson. Even if well have sliders for this what about online play we cant adjust sliders for online.Also it shouldnt take the much space up in the patch but, as i said in another thread this is a early build so it may have already been fixed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »