Home

The Dynamic Season Thread: Dyn-O-Mite!

This is a discussion on The Dynamic Season Thread: Dyn-O-Mite! within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #17
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: The Dynamic Season Thread: Dyn-O-Mite!

I think I would've liked this mode a lot more if you had to pick a team.

As it is you don't feel any connection to one team unless its one of your own making. A season mode should be one where you pick a team, but in dynamic season, the team you picked is the NBA.

Dynamic Season says "Here is an NBA season, do what you want with it" but I would've liked if it was designed like a single team season while still allowing you to go into each night's schedule and pick another team's game if you want. Basically, what we've been asking for. I feel like instead of that, the Live team just went to the other extreme where you play any game on the schedule but you have no connection to the team.

As constructed I don't see the appeal of Dynamic Season as a mode, its just like NBA Today games in 2K except it keeps track of wins/losses. IMO.

Last edited by Tha_Kid; 10-24-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #18
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
Get Amundson to be 6th man of the year!
LOUUUUUUUUU. I love singing my chorus of lou's with the fans in the arena. I wish that was programmed into the game as well as the sound effect for Amar'e dunks which is played for every dunk. BUT, everything else is awesome, especially the 3 point bomb and Barbosa and his road runner sound!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid

As it is you don't feel any connection to one team unless its one of your own making. A season mode should be one where you pick a team, but in dynamic season, the team you picked is the NBA.

Dynamic Season says "Here is an NBA season, do what you want with it" but I would've liked if it was designed like a single team season while still allowing you to go into each night's schedule and pick another team's game if you want. Basically, what we've been asking for. I feel like instead of that, the Live team just went to the other extreme where you play any game on the schedule but you have no connection to the team.

As constructed I don't see the appeal of Dynamic Season as a mode, its just like NBA Today games in 2K except it keeps track of wins/losses. IMO.
I love this idea.
Next year maybe? Pick a team and the Dynamic season menus reflect that team u chose, say the Knicks.
It can have pics of players from that team in the menus, a history of injuries during the season, team leaders, team related news, all that good stuff.
Definitely seems like the natural progression of this mode.
We will see tho.

Back on point, so Kid, your not gonna give this mode a run?
Really?
Think how cool it is.
You could be playing deep in the season as say, the Knicks, and be driving home in your car and hear that so and so just won a game and now your 1/2 game back of the playoff spot. You wanna get that next knicks game going so you can turn it back in your favor.

Same goes for league leader stuff.
You'll be watching sportscenter and all the big rebound games by Dwight Howard are inching him closer to D-Lees numbers, if hes leading. All of that there is affecting YOUR season. Basically like YOU are in the NBA. The casuals need to care now, cause what they do in real life, becomes your albatross.
Basically its no matter where you go, there you are.
Real celtics win. while your at a bar. You'll be like, damn, i gotta win tonight.

Last edited by econoodle; 10-24-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
I cant wait for this to start. I'm gonna be running with the Heat. Get James Jones on F-I-A-H!!!
And Q!!
lol j/k

I definitely decided to play all the TV broadcasted games that I can.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #21
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomah5
LOUUUUUUUUU. I love singing my chorus of lou's with the fans in the arena. I wish that was programmed into the game as well as the sound effect for Amar'e dunks which is played for every dunk. BUT, everything else is awesome, especially the 3 point bomb and Barbosa and his road runner sound!
i could've sworn that this is in the game, I just played as the Suns and right after Amare scored, the laser sound happened and the crowd yelled out "LOOOOUUUU" after I scored with Amundson.
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #22
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
I love this idea.
Next year maybe? Pick a team and the Dynamic season menus reflect that team u chose, say the Knicks.
It can have pics of players from that team in the menus, a history of injuries during the season, team leaders, team related news, all that good stuff.
Definitely seems like the natural progression of this mode.
We will see tho.

Back on point, so Kid, your not gonna give this mode a run?
Really?
Think how cool it is.
You could be playing deep in the season as say, the Knicks, and be driving home in your car and hear that so and so just won a game and now your 1/2 game back of the playoff spot. You wanna get that next knicks game going so you can turn it back in your favor.

Same goes for league leader stuff.
You'll be watching sportscenter and all the big rebound games by Dwight Howard are inching him closer to D-Lees numbers, if hes leading. All of that there is affecting YOUR season. Basically like YOU are in the NBA. The casuals need to care now, cause what they do in real life, becomes your albatross.
Basically its no matter where you go, there you are.
Real celtics win. while your at a bar. You'll be like, damn, i gotta win tonight.

I like all of that, but my thing is that only holds true if you only play as your team, and the mode as is just doesn't lead you to that. It could as simple as a different front end where everything is designed around the team you chose. Basically everything you said in the first paragraph.

I am definitely going to be playing Dynamic Season. I just have some indecision about how i'm going to go about it.

Last edited by Tha_Kid; 10-24-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
Get Amundson to be 6th man of the year!
Good luck with that
Old 10-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid

what I would have liked to seen was have the Dynamic season pick your team and play along but after the season is over it would let you go on ahead and take into dynasty mode so that way atleast your first season goes the way of the real season. Basically have a combo dynasty/dynamic season mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »