Home

For You NBA Live Players 360 Project Tweaks

This is a discussion on For You NBA Live Players 360 Project Tweaks within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
For You NBA Live Players 360 Project Tweaks

This is pretty much a topic I've been discussing with a few of the users on here this past weekend. This is only for 360 users who no longer enjoy this game as is.

Its probably going to be a long post so read and ask me anything.

I've decided to ignore anymore DNA downloads and edit the game myself. I can't play too long without the game doing too many foul things that kill the experience for me so Im trying to help reduce some of what I can with the available ratings.

I've so far edited about 10 or 11 teams.

Quote:
West
Denver
Dallas
PHX
LA Lakers
Uah
San Antonio

East
Cleveland
Orlando
Boston
Miami
Atlanta

What I've done is use absolute numbers 10, 20, 30 , 40

50 being average at whatever the category is, and 99 being the cream of the crop.

For example, Dwight probably the best rebounder in the league is at 99.
When you couple the rebounding with the vertical and agility of a player such as Dwight Howard what you see is, after you edit the other players accordingly, smaller players like JJ Reddick and Steve Nash won't be snatching boards away from Dwight or KG all of the time... It works.

I've take the big 3 or big 4 from each team and adjusted their ratings to where they are the primary scorers from the team (or the most aggressive in terms of scoring)

Same goes for passing, dribbling across the lane (who's likely to lose the ball and who's not?, who's likely to get ripped on the perimeter trying to be Iverson and who wont, etc...) These ratings have all been changed.

I didnt touch a few yet, and may not, such as FT's, stamina, clutch just to name them. At the moment they dont matter so.

I've seen some nice things happen on occassion, such as chauncey (only seen once) doing his stepback 3 on me from the sideline

Bron taking off on the break after a player has the ball tipped from his hands and go coast to coast for the dunk without anyone being able to catch up to him.

Take a guy with a pretty strong on ball defense rating, and a guy who isnt the greatest ball handler on the perimeter and once in a while you'll see things like

Once in awhile in the post up position the CPU may get a step on you if you arent the greatest on ball defender in the post

So many other things.. The CPU will pass the ball more than once on enough occassions so far where it wont be one pass and shot every time down the court as much as you see it now, which is a big relief.

I no longer deal with Fisher going Kobe on me although im still tweaking guys too, im trying to get all the teams roughly done so I can finish working on what needs to be tweaked.

All of that said, these edits help the flow of the game alot, but it doesnt make up for any issues due to programming. I've played some good games, and stuff still happens yes, but its not as much. Every player doesn't have the same agility and block ratings.

That is one of the issues, guys like Fisher, Anthony Johnson don't block crap, but they have ratings for it. DJ MBenga had a rating for shooting 3's which shouldn't be.

This of course without touching the DNA ratings yet, which when I looked Derek Fisher had a 70 for first step which is ridiculous, and some other off the wall rating which is insane.

Anyway, Im still editing and testing and would like to hear some feedback from some of you. If you see things like Jason Terry doing windmill's like Josh Smith or some player playing way out of the ordinary against you, mention it here.

I only have the 10 teams so far and the roster is up on my EA Locker named
FINAL EDIT PROJECT

To add to that, you have to play it on All Star and also leave the CPU sliders at default, but start yours off at about 70-75%

It might sound cheap but trust me it makes up for some of the mess that happens that you cannot control.

If you find it too easy every time, then start going down a few clicks on the sliders.

The ratings are raw numbers with no real formula besides 0-40 being below average 50 being average to 90 being one of the best to 99 being the best of the best. You probably wont have to touch them, but in time if you are doing too well bump sliders down.

I've had double digit fast break points at the end of games, and same with fouls, even when it wasnt double digit fouls, i've never been to the line without being equal to or more or around the same amount of fouls as the CPU....

I dont think I missed any vital information, but wanted to give you a little thinking on how and why I changed the ratings as I did. Oh yeah before you start a game you may want to tweak the starting lineup and hit Y to disable injuries if you want everyone playing since the DNA roster I used had some injured players on it. Anyway, if you want to send me a FR, my username is KDRE23

Last edited by 23; 03-08-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Mergz1203's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: For You NBA Live Players 360 Project Tweaks

Have you checked to see if these edits fix simmed stats as well? (most importantly the lack of big man scoring)
Old 03-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

I haven't bothered with simming anything. That could soley be a programming issue, but its not something I'd try until after im done with every team.

If someone wants to give it a shot now be my guest.

I just know alot of things were off and the game is not balanced as is, so thats why I started editing, because I was about to take this game as a trade in for something else.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Have not had a chance to hit u up on LIVE 23. But I will try and send out a friend request sometime this week. I look forward to testing these out and maybe going a little more extreme in certain areas.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

Extreme... well I'd just do it for the pure fun factor.

Anyhow, ill be working on more teams this week so you'll probably get to use more. Maybe try out some weak teams against a couple of high powered ones for fun : )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Extreme... well I'd just do it for the pure fun factor.

Anyhow, ill be working on more teams this week so you'll probably get to use more. Maybe try out some weak teams against a couple of high powered ones for fun : )
Well I meant extreme in the context of stretching the ratings even more in certain areas.

For instance Steal chances are darn near impossible in the game. You might be able to get a steal once every couple games from a legit steal. But most come off poor passes. Very few come from squared up on ball D.

So I would like to see players such as Rondo being much more dangerous with stealing balls from guys with low handles. Just a example
Old 03-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

Yeah, see how Chauncey ripped J Rich (which was me) in that video above?

I definitely took low ball handling ratings and steals into account.

Although it might need some refining (not sure yet), you'll be able to get some steals
Old 03-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah, see how Chauncey ripped J Rich (which was me) in that video above?

I definitely took low ball handling ratings and steals into account.

Although it might need some refining (not sure yet), you'll be able to get some steals
yea I liked it, I might have only seen a handful of the steal animations since I have had the game. The stock game is wayyy to hard getting steals and way to easy to make everyone become Iverson. Hell I was crossing over with Shaq the other day lol.

The stock game out the box before the patches I thought was the best version honestly. minus the 3 point problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »