Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Physics Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Physics Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #41
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Physics Diary

NBA Live/Elite has gone back to being robotic again... thats a real shame
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

With most games having the final code completed 4-5 weeks before ship date, all of this "lots of tweaking" talk has me wondering what the final build of this game is really going to look like. With the blog being indefinitely postponed, total lack of trailers, weekly screen shots, dev write-ups, and the few short clips we have illustrating major skating issues, I'm beginning to think there's a major scramble occurring behind the scenes with this game.

I'm still holding out for Elite as I was initially very excited about this game. But the more I see along with the more silence from EA's end has me growing increasingly skeptical.

Last edited by RIZDRAVER; 08-17-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #43
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
players still look awkward when they move, kind of robotic still. With each vid they put out, my interest in this game gets smaller and smaller as opposed to the other company.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan#5423678976
NBA Elite 12?? it's going to take another year to get the RTP right?? ahem it's this year or none for EA Sports, they have redesigned the game, rebuilt the physics engine, and now Elite (formerly Live) faithful are saying it might need another 12 months to get it right. Unfortunately 2ksports is bringing out it's best features yet, plus new game controls, so this really isn't the year to be thinking "ahhh maybe next year we will have a great game" come on EA make us believe in NBA Elite this year, not the next
I can tell from this post that you don't really grasp the scope of what they have put in elite in an extremely short dev cycle. 2k is without a doubt bringing it content-wise this year but they haven't come close to the amount of work tech wise that elite has been showing. Its not a negative at all to say that they will be able to improve even more in the comin years on the foundation they have laid out with 11.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy703
as far as 3 years ago... nba 2k9 was the first one with blocks off the back board... but at the same time they were canned animations, like when you went up for you lay up your player would get stuck in midair so the defender could come block it off the backboard, Elite has stepped it up, so you will see the animation but it wont be canned, you will be controlling it as long as you time it right
well 2k7 had blocks off the backboard none canned, similar to the Elite 11 clip. I think Elite will do fine this year. Just need another year to improve the graphics.

Also would be good to see franchise, ai, and create a legand soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
I can tell from this post that you don't really grasp the scope of what they have put in elite in an extremely short dev cycle. 2k is without a doubt bringing it content-wise this year but they haven't come close to the amount of work tech wise that elite has been showing. Its not a negative at all to say that they will be able to improve even more in the comin years on the foundation they have laid out with 11.
This ^^^^^^^^
Old 08-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
With most games having the final code completed 4-5 weeks before ship date, all of this "lots of tweaking" talk has me wondering what the final build of this game is really going to look like. With the blog being indefinitely postponed, total lack of trailers, weekly screen shots, dev write-ups, and the few short clips we have illustrating major skating issues, I'm beginning to think there's a major scramble occurring behind the scenes with this game.

I'm still holding out for Elite as I was initially very excited about this game. But the more I see along with the more silence from EA's end has me growing increasingly skeptical.
I feel u on this one but since this vid was most likely made months ago based on rEAnimator's comments about a previous vid, I'm trying to hold on to faith that the game's current state is light years ahead of this...except maybe the sliding, which rEAnimator said, recently, is still an issue cuz footplanting fights with the real time physics engine.
They are trying to do a lot with this year's core game play so we shall see how it turns out. It's crunch time. Worse comes to worse, I'll possibly have 2K11 to toy with.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 14

I played NCAA basketball 10. I thought it they could have made the players unique (different dribble types, jump shots (selectable), finishing moves) it would have been a great game.

I like the idea of the physic engine allowing random plays to happen. Pass deflections and all that.

I will give the demo a test. But since it is not coming out on the PC I doubt I will buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »