Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Demo to Showcase 4th Quarter of NBA Finals

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Demo to Showcase 4th Quarter of NBA Finals within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #81
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Demo to Showcase 4th Quarter of NBA Finals

Well can't wait to give this one a try glad to see its coming fully equipped too gonna spend a lot of time in practice mode for sure.

The controls through me for a loop so I'm glad we can get comfortable with them before we start playin. Can't be going into games like I did at the community event I was just terrible haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #82
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
I think the NHL demo was AWESOME because of the post game celebration. The demo felt like an event rather than a passive, quick tease.

Most users don't play through every game of a season, usually theyll simulate up to playoffs or finals, and some skip association/season mode all together.

So I think its SMART and elevates the demo experience.
Seeing the end game celebrations...during a demo is smart?

That's like saying the trailer to a film was good because it showed the last 30 seconds of the movie.

LOL.

Apparently they got a lot of feedback from NHL fans who were pissed off about seeing the Stanley Cup celebrations in a DEMO...so I doubt they screw up twice with the NBA demo.

BTW MJ Jr...You seem to have hated every 2K moment this season and loved everything ELITE has brought...so you're set to go. You should just enjoy the season and not worry about who likes what. If anyone is happy with either game, then ultimately that's all that matters

Personally, this will be the first season the demo actually will decide if I buy LIVE /ELITE. Normally I just get it regardless.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #83
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Well can't wait to give this one a try glad to see its coming fully equipped too gonna spend a lot of time in practice mode for sure.

The controls through me for a loop so I'm glad we can get comfortable with them before we start playin. Can't be going into games like I did at the community event I was just terrible haha!
These games are going to be a pain to switch between....two very very different control schemes.....

IMO Its fun learning the nuances of this kind of stuff....
Old 09-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man I'm Excited. this demo is gonna let people get their skills to an elite level using practice mode.

to offer so much in the demo after hearing them say over and over "try demo". shows the belief that they have in this game. so i for one cannot wait to feel it.

also am i the only one that sees that by EA letting us play with the lakers and celtics and then with our created player, they want us to feel the difference between stars and regular players? same thing they did with NHL. and it worked there so I'm ready!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #85
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
These games are going to be a pain to switch between....two very very different control schemes.....

IMO Its fun learning the nuances of this kind of stuff....
Yeah man that switch is going to be murder this year especially if you stick with the default controls Lol!

RT being the pass button just feels strange and having to constantly think about which hand you are dribbling with is even weirder. I'm sure it'll become second nature after a while.

But i'm still excited though, this is the first year I think both game's are offerin control schemes that are worth figurin out. No crazy closeout speeds or canned animations to ruin great plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #86
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Nba elite demo vid with info

Dear god, they are just lying to you.

No canned animations: YES THERE ARE
Real physics: NO THERE IS NOT.

Here is what they mean by "physics", it is nothing like backbreaker, or euphoria, nothing is generated on the fly. They just play back 2 different reaction animations for the given situation, as seen OVER AND OVER again from the gameplay videos.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #87
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

I didn't say there would be none at all, just none that would ruin a great play..
Old 09-18-2010, 02:13 AM   #88
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quel
Dear god, they are just lying to you.

No canned animations: YES THERE ARE
Real physics: NO THERE IS NOT.

Here is what they mean by "physics", it is nothing like backbreaker, or euphoria, nothing is generated on the fly. They just play back 2 different reaction animations for the given situation, as seen OVER AND OVER again from the gameplay videos.
Every game has canned-animations, GTA, RDR, and even Backbreaker have them, Elite included; they got rid of the all the two player animations. For this they had to use physics. Physics is more than just limb to limb contact and unique collisions, there are tons of variables to it. To say there are none is completely false and wrong.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »