Home

NBA Live 14 Headed to Next-Gen, Along with the Madden and FIFA Series

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Headed to Next-Gen, Along with the Madden and FIFA Series within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 19
I say let's see what current standard setters (NBA 2k and The Show) will look like on the next consoles first.

EA made alot of money off of this console by "Gradually w/baby Steps" doing their games while other titles/developers made major jumps with their titles.

Graphics has never been EA's issue.
In fact, it's been the backbone of all their football games this console.
It's been how far they've been willing to push their in-game graphics compared to the standard setters (The Show and NBA 2k).
I have no doubt they will present some type of visual marketing hype, but when the standard setters drop their games, the reality will be revealed again (always behind the standard as long as they continue to buy).

Sad thing is that some will buy into that EA will finally provide a product who's "Gameplay" is on par or better than the standard setters simply because they mentioned gameplay.

Will the breakthroughs be compared to previous EA release (which has been this consoles process) or breakthroughs compared to best of "ALL" game titles at this point?

In other words, will any of these games set the standard for other developers to follow or will it be a replication of Madden, NBA Live and NCAA Football/Basketball of "Always headed in the right direction" or simply headed towards a slow death as other developers continue to do things better and set "Standards" too high for them to produce at.

I still don't feel EA gave me my money's worth on this gen of consoles with their sports titles!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #26
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 14 Headed to Next-Gen, Along with the Madden and FIFA Series

I agree that EAS did not deliver with their sports games this generation. I don't play FIFA or NHL, so their two better games don't mean a lot to me. Madden was continually hyped up, changed, scratched, stripped, and hyped up again, and never really delivered a true sim football game. Same with NCAA Football. NBA Live, well, we all know how that turned out.

Let's not forget that EA was among the top sports game companies last generation though, and we are about to start a new generation. I am excited, and hopeful they can deliver on their promises. We should all hope EA delivers high quality games because in the areas where there are competition, other games will improve as well.

I'm waiting for E3 to really throw out any predictions or guesses. Until then, just hope the days go by quickly.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 30
I just hope that whatever they put It's at least decent. I still believe they could use the control scheme in Elite 11 and build around it more properly. I would still play that demo time to time up until last year which is when my PS3 bonked out on me. Those control were different, innovative and intuitive.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #28
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Good idea in my opinion. If I was EA, I wouldn't touch current gen...just leave it alone and start fresh on next gen.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #29
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Inevitable but I doubt we would see any significant difference between the 2 consoles just yet, might even a couple cycles till we get next gen exclusive features that matter.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I hope NBA Live delivers a solid game because 2K has been getting lazy lately

I like 2K tho but I have always been a Live fan
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #31
Banned

Rdogg1026's Arena

OVR: 8
This has Madden 2006 written all over it. I am staying FAR away from EVERY FIRST Next-Gen EA title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #32
Banned

Rdogg1026's Arena

OVR: 8
The only 2K game I play is NBA and it is the ONLY game in 2013 that still frustrates me. The online play is horrendous. Blacktop is unplayable and Team-Up is a quitters lag fest. Sadly the only way EA will get me over to Live is having good servers which they always seem to have. Too bad 2K. I've waited for an improvement to your servers since NBA 2K8 (October 2007 - 6 years)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »