Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Madden 25 Franchise Mode and Presentation Deep Dive
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 10-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #361
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

I'm convinced after seeing some of this Next Gen stuff from EA, when it comes to animations and player models, EA has some serious issues with their Tech. They can come up with buzz words every year, but their Tech is not up to par period.

With all the money they have, why can't they get their games to animate more true to the sport. The movements in this clip is really bad. The skin textures are horrible. And the player models are still really bad. And I never liked Live's editing when it comes to their trailers or angles on their replay's. The game always looked "dry" to me on current gen. Now it seems to be spilling over to next gen. I used to be mad. But this is becoming sad.

I really don't understand. EA, please spice up you game and add some more flavor to it. Hopefully tomorrow we will see something better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 0

slow motion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik4H6O9zdKg

Last edited by bballshawn24; 10-17-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #363
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I give props to the devs for their use of Run the Jewels for this.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 10-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #364
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I'm not comparing it to 2k, I'm comparing it to real basketball.

And let me basically summarize what you are saying: hey EA don't worry about being able to compete with the best, just put a game out no matter what and I'll be happy.

What a joke of a comment. I want Live to be successful as much as anyone else. If it isn't I am going without a basketball game this year because I need a break from 2k, but I'm not going to be happy with them just releasing a game. We are talking about one of the biggest video game companies in the world, they can do better than what that video showed.
The problem is you're expecting perfection apparently, based on the way you're saying 'They are the biggest video game company'. They haven't produced a game for this sport in a while so you can pretty substantially say that it won't compare to 2K Sports for at least a few years. Just learn to accept it instead of the constant complaining and bickering I see you doing on here. Goodness.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #365
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Anyone remember this? LOL

Yea this is the guy you want endorsing your product. Was drunk Willie too busy? This is both the best and worse thing for Live and 2K. I'll let you decide which is the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #366
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
I like the graphics, but I will wait til tomorrow to judge the gameplay....

I hope that it's not as bad they say..... we need real competition in the industry
Old 10-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #367
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmackity
The problem is you're expecting perfection apparently, based on the way you're saying 'They are the biggest video game company'. They haven't produced a game for this sport in a while so you can pretty substantially say that it won't compare to 2K Sports for at least a few years. Just learn to accept it instead of the constant complaining and bickering I see you doing on here. Goodness.
Go back and look at my posts, I have been largely positive on these boards. I also don't expect perfection, I expect a good game of basketball. Don't make excuses for them, they may have not produced a game in a while but they also aren't new to the game. If this game doesn't compare to 2k then they aren't doing their job. You are thinking I and others are asking EA to make their game equal to 2k immediately. I haven't done that. I am asking them to make a game that plays basketball the right way and that is comparable to 2k. If they can't do that then they might as well go back into hibernation.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!

Last edited by oldman; 10-17-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #368
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmackity
Even when all this kids finally get their 5 on 5 video, all I feel is that you'll nitpick everything and compare it 100% to NBA2K who has a very established engine and update/creation process.
Another bs post. The vast majority of this thread was create BEFORE the 2K trailer even went up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »