Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #1089
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Are you using defensive settings in the menu? Set the post defense to Front Okafor, force him "Middle", double on catch, etc.

A lot of times, early on, it's easiest to do those things, and then play off ball defense, and let the CPU defend the post players. You can kind of see how they're defending, and then you can try your hand at it once you get used to it.

Another suggestion, although I'm not sure how well your offensive game is, is try All-Star. I've played 2 games like that, and both were really good games, and the Paint Cheese was negated by better defense from your teammates on the help rotation.

Give those a try. If you're playing off ball, make sure that whatever teammate comes to double, that you slide over and protect on defense on the kickout for 3!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #1090
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Guys change your defensive settings to tight for off ball and on ball pressure and see what happens. I think Tomba was on to something with these two settings.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 01-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #1091
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

"Crowd atmosphere came back today just to tease me, then dissapeared again LOL"

I have never had this problem most of you are having. The feature is always there for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #1092
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963

I have never had this problem most of you are having. The feature is always there for me.
Anyone other than me and 24th that have this problem?

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #1093
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I have had it disappear 3 times now. Just at random seemingly.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #1094
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963

You should post a video/screenshot...maybe there's a setting thats causing ours to act up...
Old 01-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #1095
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Are you using defensive settings in the menu? Set the post defense to Front Okafor, force him "Middle", double on catch, etc.

A lot of times, early on, it's easiest to do those things, and then play off ball defense, and let the CPU defend the post players. You can kind of see how they're defending, and then you can try your hand at it once you get used to it.

Another suggestion, although I'm not sure how well your offensive game is, is try All-Star. I've played 2 games like that, and both were really good games, and the Paint Cheese was negated by better defense from your teammates on the help rotation.

Give those a try. If you're playing off ball, make sure that whatever teammate comes to double, that you slide over and protect on defense on the kickout for 3!
Great input. And I need to check those settings more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #1096
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

I just tried a little over a half a game on All-Star settings and I definitely noticed an increase on my AI's defense. There is definitely less spin move dunks and this was without changing the defensive schemes. I played against the Dallas Mavericks and they were kicking the ball out for threes and took more jump shots then I am I've seen in my games on pro during my dynasty. Now granted this is only a one game sample but it was very positive!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »