Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #241
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
If you come back from 10 down at the half, you've earned the win. If you win, you win. If you lose, you lose. No rubber banding that I've encountered thus far.
Yup, thats another reason why i'm addicted. The game doesn't feel scripted like most sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 4

Damn, guys. I'm gone all day and come back to all these positive impressions? And it looks like the number of users willing to give this game a shot has doubled...from 3 people to 6 people, LOL.

I've just had a really fun time with this game. As WTF said, whether you win or lose, you feel like you were in control of the outcome. The CPU cheese is very minimal and that is SO refreshing.

I'm really looking forward to getting deeper into my Dynasty and would love to get that thread going as well.

Hopefully, we'll get word from EA soon as to when we can expect the first patch and what it will entail.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #243
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

1. wish you were able to scout all season like madden and the other game

2.why is the draft in july lol

3.trade logic is bad like all sports games smh

4.bounce pass is broken. double tap like crazy and they just do a regular pass

5.trying to pass on the pick and roll has to be the most frustrating part of this game for me. why are the passes so slow?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #244
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Once I get the controls down it will be a wrap. Currently up on Miami who I can't stand 14-6 after 1 qtr. on Default Pro

My biggest issue is I have a tendency to pass it to the wrong guy which results in a turnover

No doubt they have tweaked the game from the demo

Up 21-18 at the half and Wade is on fire!! LBJ is starting to heat up as well

At the end of 3 and I'm still up 29-28. Only playing 5 min qtrs. it's officially the Wade/James show for the Heat

Well I pulled off a 50-42 win with my Lakers over the Heat on Pro default
Bryant finished with 23 pts on 7/11 shooting followed by Nash with 11 pts on 4/7 shooting.

The Heat leaders were LBJ with 16 pts on 8/15 shooting, Wade with 10 pts on 5/8 and Bosh 10 pts on 5/9 shooting

Held the Heat to 48% shooting while I shot 59% to my surprise but then again I only took high % shots and didn't force much

PIP Lakers 20/Heat 34
Rebounds were even at 12 a piece

Some more good things than quirky. Fast Breaks are in I don't care what anyone says. Miami had 2 vs me. Bosh had a sweet breakaway and I think it recorded on my profile for those on Xbone. More fouls are needed. I did get a Charging foul on Kobe which was nice to see

I won't tell anyone to purchase this game but I will admit I thought it was HOT GARBAGE when it released but some things have been tweaked for the better.

I don't play it the same way as the other game. I love the half court game that this offers. When some of the plays unfold it's just a thing of beauty

My advice is play what makes you happy and judge for yourself. Only you know what you like/dislike

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 12-08-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #245
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Pretty much like you Will, downloaded the demo and deleted it. Couldn't get through the first quarter to be honest and even after trying a few days later, no go.

Grabbed it again and gave it a chance, learned a few controls and I'm definitely enjoying it now and will pick the full game up this week.

A lot of weirdness still with animations and sometimes a post player like Nick Collison will destroy me with Durant ignored by for the most part, it's okay and gives me that live 10 feel.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 1

If it wasn't for the questionable animations and sub par next gen graphics this game would be a contender.

It plays very different to 2k.

It's much harder to play than 2k

But there's just something about it that kept me coming back to the demo and now the full game.

Xbox Live - Kangawallaby
PSN - Kangawallaby
Old 12-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #247
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE

I won't tell anyone to purchase this game but I will admit I thought it was HOT GARBAGE when it released but some things have been tweaked for the better.

I don't play it the same way as the other game. I love the half court game that this offers. When some of the plays unfold it's just a thing of beauty

My advice is play what makes you happy and judge for yourself. Only you know what you like/dislike

Sent from my iPhone
Exactly, play what you like. But to dismiss this game so quickly, without learning the game is doing a disservice. There's no doubt that the game has been updated. Is it a competitor yet? No, and I don't think it'll ever be a competitor. It's a different game. And that's not a bad thing either. I like the vision, I like the "style".
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Pretty much like you Will, downloaded the demo and deleted it. Couldn't get through the first quarter to be honest and even after trying a few days later, no go.

Grabbed it again and gave it a chance, learned a few controls and I'm definitely enjoying it now and will pick the full game up this week.

A lot of weirdness still with animations and sometimes a post player like Nick Collison will destroy me with Durant ignored by for the most part, it's okay and gives me that live 10 feel.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
There's a ton of weirdness in the animations, and I'd say that won't be completely gone this year. I hope it will, but that's going to take quite a bit. But like I said, I liken it to Inside Drive. And I can overlook it. The shots are taken from the right place on the floor, just not the right animation for the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMagic5
If it wasn't for the questionable animations and sub par next gen graphics this game would be a contender.

It plays very different to 2k.

It's much harder to play than 2k

But there's just something about it that kept me coming back to the demo and now the full game.
I think it's a different game than 2k, regardless of if the "quirks" were fixed or not. It's a good game. It needs work, it needs polish, but it's a good game. The bones are in place. The coaching/playstyles/defending styles work as they were intended, and that's the greatest thing. Knowing that if Pau is killing me downlow, I can instruct each guy on my team how to play, is great. I can front him, have my other low defender sag off of his guy in order to rotate quicker.

Also, the help defense has been greatly improved since release. I'm seeing quite a few good contests at the rim.

I think it goes without saying, that I enjoy the game. I want more time with it of course, and I'll continue to provide some constructive criticisms that'll hopefully be heard and fixed.

Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #248
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't even know what to say about this game. It has that fun-factor that Live 10 had. It was no secret that the other game IMO has better animations but there were times when Live 10 just felt right and this game the more I play is giving me that same feeling.

I love the way the other game does certain/most things better but there are things that this game does better

Oh how I wish they could combine the 2. Until then I'm gonna enjoy both for what they are.

Just played the Rockets and I beat the dog crap out if them. The only person I couldn't stop was D12 down low. Kept everyone else in check and finished with 49-38 win in LA. Probably will jump up to AS if this continues

Sent from my iPhone

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »