Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #401
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Game is just flat out fun. I am losing a game to the Clippers as the Kings, 12 minute quarters, 93-63 at the end of 3 Chris Paul had 27 pts, 8 assists at the half. Insane. I can't get anything going. They're pushing the ball and getting good looks because I'm having to double down on Griffin, Jordan, leaving the perimeter wide open.
??? Why are you doubling down on Jordan?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #402
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Share the same thoughts as you, which is why I didn't and still don't get caught up in the hyperbole of this game or engage in the constant bashing of each game by the same people who complain about others bringing up the other game. Leave that **** alone and move on from it, man. If "the other game" disappointed you, OK cool beans but we don't need to hear it from you every single time you post here.
This x1000! These are, really, the only posts I that I take issue with. It seems that every other posts by some of the Jedi, are a platform to complain about 2K.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #403
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Just had a really fun time playing an ultimate team fantasy showdown. I was down 8 with a minute to go and I was ready to give up. Come down hit a quick layup with russel Westbrook and with 40 seconds left down 6 I still don't think I have a chance. Next possession, steal the ball throw it to harden and hit the three. Do the same thing next time down the floor. Goes to overtime and I end up winning. I really liked this outcome because it diddnt seem scripted like 2k. It would have ended different if I just gave up and chucked up some bad shots.
Exhibit A. And the funny part is that this statement added NOTHING to his overall point about LIVE!

So, you really don't feel it's scripted huh? Not even when dudes like Deandre Jordan require the need for WTF to actually double him in the post? Not even considering the foundation for this game is a SCRIPTING type system driven by Synergy stats and data? "Thou shalt take 20 shots this game because you did it last night even though you have 2 defenders on you all game!" Yes folks, once you see Synergy kick in the tendency data, you know who to stop and where. That alone has made the game too predictable. Doesn't matter because dudes start hitting impossible shots with 2 or 3 defenders in their grill. A player shoots 100% from the within 5 feet. All dunks in real life. But reverse lay ups in the game. Dudes like Deandre Jordan mind you.

Maybe it doesn't "seem" scripted to you. It'd just more examples how people read into things. It's not the reality, it's you. You see what you want to see and don't see what you don't want to see.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #404
MVP

OVR: 6

The game is very solid. Rewards running the right plays. Also rewards boxing out for the most part. Only problems I have are fouls and pts in the paint. Points in the paint might be high because of defense though. Blocks definitely have to be tuned down too. Spacing is amazing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #405
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac0322
The game is very solid. Rewards running the right plays. Also rewards boxing out for the most part. Only problems I have are fouls and pts in the paint. Points in the paint might be high because of defense though. Blocks definitely have to be tuned down too. Spacing is amazing.

Agree about the rewarding boxing out. Almost to a fault. If you're boxed out, forget about a rebound unless they bug out and just miss the ball. Which they do a lot. Again, almost to a fault. There is no way to defeat the box out and it eats your rebound command. I'm ok with that kinda. But some control freaks that love the game conveniently are ok with it as well. I find that funny. Totally flies in the face of those that cry about not wanting to be "locked into animations" now doesn't it?

Totally disagree on spacing in that it is artificial (players sizes are not accurate relative to the court, bad offball defensive positioning, and help defense is overly simplistic). Just because you see wide open lanes, doesn't mean it good if they're wide open for the wrong reasons.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 12-14-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #406
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Agree about the rewarding boxing out. Almost to a fault. If you're boxed out, forget about a rebound unless they bug out and just miss the ball. Which they do a lot. Again, almost to a fault. There is no way to defeat the box out and it eats your rebound command. I'm ok with that kinda. But some control freaks that love the game conveniently are ok with it as well. I find that funny. Totally flies in the face of those that cry about not wanting to be "locked into animations" now doesn't it?

Totally disagree on spacing in that it is artificial (players sizes are not accurate relative to the court, bad offball defensive positioning, and help defense is overly simplistic). Just because you see wide open lanes, doesn't mean it good if they're wide open for the wrong reasons.
I can agree with you on the defensive positioning. Not trying to bring the other game in this but their players are inaccurate too. They seem too big. I feel a center can take two steps and cover all of the space on the floor. Always feels clogged even if you get by a defender. Both games defentely have their pluses and minuses. They both have a lot of work to do.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #407
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hey Boiler,

May I respectfully ask you a question? If so, what is your deal, mission, cause, or reason? If you don't like the game, I fully understand but why have you taken it upon yourself to dispute and/or correct anyone that praises Live in a way you disagree with? Likewise why do you do look to correct and/or disprove anyone that disparages 2K while praising Live for something that you apparently feel is as bad or worst in Live? Finally why do you choose to call others "Jedi" who tend to harp on their positive experiences in Live? Isn't this what the Live forum for? In the past we used to beat people up about coming into the forums to complain about a particular game, we'd call them trolls, correct? So if WTF and others aren't coming in the Live forum to complain and you're saying there wrong when they point out positives, what exactly are they supposed to do here?

Again, I am trying to be respectful, not try to start a fight or anything else. I told WTF I don't post here anymore because of such things and so definitely I definitely am not looking to get into any of that now? My only motivation is curiosity as to what YOU would have those of us that like Live to do.

As to your point of doubling down on Jordan, is it not possible that WTF or whoever else just isn't proficient at post defense enough to guard him and like the Clippers would in real life, if the found DJ's man unable to guard him and he got easy bucket after easy bucket, they'd feed him to death? I ask because I don't have that experience as a matter I haven't found the need to double anyone in the post at this point. That is only because I took the time and played it over and over until I realized what I was doing wrong defensively in the post. Honestly I think it's a flaw brought on by the crap cameras they've put in the game. I say this because it appears (at least for me) that where I thought I was defensively on the floor isn't exactly where I was on the floor, the camera angles and zoom levels were throwing me off. I stopped and went into replay and was able to move the camera around to see that the position I was attempting to be in wasn't actually where I was.

Let me know your thoughts if we can discuss this respectfully and thanks in advance. (sorry for the typos, no time to proofread)
Old 12-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #408
Rookie

OVR: 5

Forgot to mention a MAJOR fail in this game for me, and I need to add it to my wish list post NO CPU TIMEOUTS!!! For now I can look past it but that needs to be patched immediately! Now if there is some setting I've accidentally missed please someone chime in!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »