Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #657
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Hopefully you manage to get it before Christmas.

The game is tough. I had a convo with another OS'er yesterday on the difficulty level. I think that Pro is a great level of difficulty, and as you can see, the CPU superstars will definitely go off on you. Geez. Lillard could have had that many too, he was just off shooting wise.

Tough game, but man, it's a great feeling game. I saw 2 new animations last night in the post that I hadn't seen before, and a few dunks. I'm not sure if they're just rare, or they're new. Very fluid.

Pro is the level that I'm on and I get handled from time to time. I never know what to expect from game to game. The players/stars go off like they should and they also have bad games as well.

WTF I'm noticing new animations as well and I might add that some are done REALLY WELL. Yesterday I saw at least 3 that I hadn't noticed yet

EA keep the updates coming!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #658
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I have saw some HARD dunks in the paint, a couple of flip shots, some runners, several different animations. Like you said, they feel really well done.

It's funny, I was trying my back off of Wade strategy yesterday, he was standing out on the wing beyond the 3, I was standing a good 5' away from him. Typical Wade, he pump faked, to see if he could draw me out. I didn't bite. He sat for a second, rose up and hit the 3. From that point, seems as if he played with a little more swagger, and started hitting some tough jumpers.

His little flip shot that I seen the other day was D-Wade to a T. I'm just wondering what all they're adding in.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #659
Rookie

OVR: 0

I finally got an opportunity to try the game out again post patch by borrowing it from my friend again. I like that they improved the constant movement of the players on offense and defense and providing more commentary. I still have gripes with the fact that there are too many blocks in the game. Next the CPU at times does not take advantage when you leave a player open. I also still have a problem with the animations portrayed in the game, and I hope they address these problems if Live 15 comes out because I prefer Live's feel over the competition. Hopefully they get it right all across the board in the near future.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #660
Rookie

OVR: 0

First off I would like to say I am an NBA LIVE fan. But of recently I have not felt the need or want to play the game , live 09 and 10 had promise but was always blown away by 2k. Cancellation after cancellation made me more and more frustrated. Then when they announced it would be coming to next Gen platforms I felt like they had a chance at redemption.. Shortly after playing the game when it was released on November 19 I was very disappointed VERY. For one I know a next gen title shouldn't look like a ps3 or xbox 360 game.. Game play didn't have a realistic flow.. Animation was minimal at best.. There "HAS"to be an reaction for every action on the ball court..not a default lay up that every single player does in the paint.. Seems like every big man goes baseline and then gathers him self Rite under the basket for a high percentage shot.. After the patch was released there there have been some enhancements towards gameplay.. And with the promise of more to come is keeping me on board and spreading the word. Keep up the great work Team
Old 12-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #661
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm considering picking up the game in a couple of days. It looks fun. Even if it's flawed in some areas, that is something I can easily deal with if I'm simply having fun playing it. I keep checking the video thread and I just want to get my hands on it!

I really disliked the first gameplay videos that came out around release, but it seems like the game has been improved since launch.

Also, I found out about "auto-motion" in the latest gameplay tips video and I'm a huge fan of such a feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #662
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Down with my Lakers by 11 at the half vs the Suns and went on a 19-0 run!!! Don't think I've ever done that before.

This game just amazes me every time I play it. Smh

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #663
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I was down 27 earlier. Not a good look at all. Hibbert picked up 2 quick fouls, 2 minutes into the game. Picked up a third foul as soon as he entered the game again. I was a mess.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #664
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

9th game of the season against the Thunder(I use GSW)and just lost a nail biter 96-94. The game was back and forth the whole time, and I had to play my *** off to keep it that close with lack of big man inside to rebound against the likes of Durant, Ibaka, and Perkins.

Ran a smart offense, played solid defense - but in the end the thunder were just a bit better on this night. Heck of game, and can't wait to game 10 of my dynasty later!

Appreciate the suggestion to just keep playing on Pro WTF, as the game suits me the best - and offers a real challenge most nights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »