Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #729
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Love this game. Tony Parker drives, gets the contact but no call (normally a block at least), the contact results in a complete miss by Parker. PG grabs the rebound, does a quick little behind the back at the sideline, and then races up court. I love some of the animations in the game.

In the second clip, I miss a 3 with George Hill. The Spurs get the rebound, push the ball up the court, find Leonard who goes baseline and makes the really nice little "drop off" pass to Diaw on the opposite side. I bring the ball up, find Hibbert in the post, who misses, Spurs rebound, and quickly push the ball up the court, quick 2 pass break to find an open 3 for a 5 point swing in 45 seconds.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #730
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Had this one too. Parker tries to drop one in over tough defense. Run down, quick 3 attempt by George, then the quick push back by the Spurs with a smooth Manu finish.

The only thing I don't like about this clip, and it's a reoccuring issue with every bball game to date, is that the dribbling hand towards the defender at the end. Feel like Manu should have switched hands to the left handed dribble at the end, but then again, I guess that's on me to do Nevermind, failed to mention that I was the Pacers. Wish the CPU would have noticed the dribbling towards the defender.

Last edited by WTF; 12-26-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #731
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

These videos are very encouraging. If they can improve the graphics, specifically the player models and refine the motion and animation along with how the players react and contact each other I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised next year.

All in all its looking like its got good structure, just needs a good ole fashion makeover and smoothing.

Reminds me of where 2k was about 4-5 years ago, great thing about that is the hardware these days should allow for much quicker advancements and improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #732
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
I apologize if I insist so much on these aspects but before you start a career mode would really like to understand how to do these two things:
1) to me as a voice in setting the patterns inherent in the game there is only've put in the settings view of the game (against CPU) and I put full but do not go out patterns, leaving only when I call them manually, maybe someone can put the photo which option to activate?
2) it is possible to make sure that the name of the bait ball carrier always under the player? because when he has the ball does not come out the cpu almost never the name of the player

sorry again the trouble and the bad English

quote myself...
Old 12-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #733
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
These videos are very encouraging. If they can improve the graphics, specifically the player models and refine the motion and animation along with how the players react and contact each other I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised next year.

All in all its looking like its got good structure, just needs a good ole fashion makeover and smoothing.

Reminds me of where 2k was about 4-5 years ago, great thing about that is the hardware these days should allow for much quicker advancements and improvements.
I'm hopeful, but not confident we will see massive changes, I still think patches are quite limited on what they can change, more with graphics than gameplay. I don't know if Sony puts any restrictions on the size of the file updates either like they did for Ps3. My biggest fear, is that it didn't sell well and they won't have an NBA Live 15. But at it's current condition the game is in now, I'm very happy and will continue to play it.

The biggest requests I give to EA on an update is...

+ Give us ability to edit sliders for human and cpu
+ Editable rosters and create a player
+ Roster Sharing

Those 3 things alone would be massive, for me anyway.

@WTF

What are the chances we will see it?
Old 12-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #734
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'm hopeful, but not confident we will see massive changes, I still think patches are quite limited on what they can change, more with graphics than gameplay. I don't know if Sony puts any restrictions on the size of the file updates either like they did for Ps3. My biggest fear, is that it didn't sell well and they won't have an NBA Live 15. But at it's current condition the game is in now, I'm very happy and will continue to play it.

The biggest requests I give to EA on an update is...

+ Give us ability to edit sliders for human and cpu
+ Editable rosters and create a player
+ Roster Sharing

Those 3 things alone would be massive, for me anyway.

@WTF

What are the chances we will see it?
i doubt that sony limits the file sizes for patches at least to the point where it would really have a negative effect. i think 2k14s major patch was around 2gb or so.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #735
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

if that's true and no size limits, then I guess that throws my theory out of the water. They should be able to do quite a bit with patches!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #736
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
1) to me as a voice in setting the patterns inherent in the game there is only've put in the settings view of the game (against CPU) and I put full but do not go out patterns, leaving only when I call them manually, maybe someone can put the photo which option to activate?
Are you talking about the play art not showing up?

Here is the option to turn on the play art:

Spoiler

If you are talking about the players not moving around unless you call a play, try setting the home team and away team motion to "Auto." It is the setting right above play visuals.

Quote:
2) it is possible to make sure that the name of the bait ball carrier always under the player? because when he has the ball does not come out the cpu almost never the name of the player
There is currently no way to do that. The player indicator can either be turned completely on or completely off.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-26-2013 at 03:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »