Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #33
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Post Your Impressions Here

Has the CPU PIP been toned down? I don't own the game, but seem to remember it being a big issue mentioned a lot in the impressions thread.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Post Your Impressions Here

Another weird thing I noticed playing Ultimate Team is that the white fatigue bar no longer appears on screen inside each player's red circle icon.

Fatigue is definitely still present in the Ultimate Team, though, because you can check everyone's stamina level by holding the left bumper and pressing down on the dpad.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-10-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #35
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

I played a game and and its a whole lot better. Its smoother, the animations aren't as choppy. Passing is faster. Saw a couple new layup animations. The ball/rim physics are a lot more realistic.

One of the biggest issues I had was making one too many passes when inbounding the ball, but that was fixed when I stopped mashing the X button to get it inbounds lol

Live 14 post patch is definitely a respectable basketball game imo. THIS is a good foundation to build on.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #36
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
King said he didn't see any timeouts called...

SMDH, I an only assume late game\ shot clock A.I hasn't been touched either...
CPU calling no time outs during a game is quite upsetting. Also means they never sub out either. That's a bit of a bummer
Old 02-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #37
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
For those interested, I just posted several pictures of Lebron, KD, Melo, Westbrook and a few others I believe in the Photo thread showing post lighting update faces.

24th, I've not had a chance to check on the timeout issues. I'm assuming no since King hasn't seen it. I've not had the late game AI issue thankfully, and hopefully this patch doesnt' introduce it for me. That'd be a real kick in the balls.
Thanks for posting. Initial screen pics look nice. Worse than no time outs by CPU is the rarity of subbing out players. Argh
Old 02-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #38
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Clipping was a bit noticeable pre patch especially during dunks and instant replays. Would also like to hear if this was addressed in the patch?? Wasn't a major issue, more just cosmetic than anything
Old 02-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

This game is muuuuch better with the update. Beat nuggets 92-97 in a 12min qtr game. PG high with 28 points. The contact animations are much better, fast breaks, rebounding, as well as passing. If they keep this up and improve on things even more for Live 15, bring back the loved team play, and this will be a GREAT game to play imo. It's very fun to play! For most who haven't bought it yet, I think it's worth it.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #40
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston3420

This game is muuuuch better with the update. Beat nuggets 92-97 in a 12min qtr game. PG high with 28 points. The contact animations are much better, fast breaks, rebounding, as well as passing. If they keep this up and improve on things even more for Live 15, bring back the loved team play, and this will be a GREAT game to play imo. It's very fun to play! For most who haven't bought it yet, I think it's worth it.
Great stuff. Did CPU sub out players by any chance? Fatigue didn't seem to effect much prepatch

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »