Home

NLSC Post-Patch Interview with NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O'Gallagher

This is a discussion on NLSC Post-Patch Interview with NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O'Gallagher within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #25
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NLSC Post-Patch Interview with NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O'Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I mean you do have a option for another basketball title that's something to be grateful for.. but I only mean minor in the fact that it's something that can be updated easily, and still has time to be updated.

The roster problems could be fixed by tomorrow for all i know. You'd be surprised who'd pay money for things that were already in games, not me though. My money gets spent wisely. (Most times).

If you give them props then we're cool, but it's the people that hate for no reason that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Unnecessary to me, hit up the wishlist thread if you really want to see something change.

Save your hate rant for Hitler, I'm not him. I underlined what was said as far as they felt was unfair. They tried insulting reviewers/gamers calling us nerf hoops because the visuals were bad.

Did you try to learn the intricacies, actually taking the time to learn the game and it's depth of NBA Unrivalled?

I get your point, but you won't watch more than 1 min of this vid before getting itchy fingered to turn it off. Same thing happened for Live 14 with the demo/full game. Is it wrong to expect better knowing this looks like basketball, but isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 02-12-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #26
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NLSC Post-Patch Interview with NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O'Gallagher

Quote:
I mean you do have a option for another basketball title that's something to be grateful for.. but I only mean minor in the fact that it's something that can be updated easily, and still has time to be updated.

The roster problems could be fixed by tomorrow for all i know. You'd be surprised who'd pay money for things that were already in games, not me though. My money gets spent wisely. (Most times).

If you give them props then we're cool, but it's the people that hate for no reason that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Unnecessary to me, hit up the wishlist thread if you really want to see something change.

It is what it is...we can agree to disagree...

As far as the wish list thread... if it gets the same attention as the bugs/glitches I think we can all save our typing, lol
Old 02-12-2014, 01:09 AM   #27
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

As far as the game goes, I don't think its terrible. And I do think there is reason to believe the game will keep getting better.

However, I can't help but wonder what the heck has been going on since Live 10. I get they changed systems. But there must have been some extreme shortsightedness going on at EA with this series.

To make any type of time, effort, or how had something is to do excuse when it comes to this game is laughable. You had all the time in the world.

Claiming the initial reviews were unfair is only really unfair to the reviewers. Who knows what went on between 10-14, but whatever it was it didn't work. At least not yet. So if a review of a game that's bare bones, graphically deficient, and just plain hard to play due to some poor gameplay mechanics gets bad reviews, then I don't know what the guys at Tiburon are smoking.

If you can't get an at least above average basketball game out the door on ridiculously powerful systems in 4 years then something is seriously wrong.

BUT I do like the developers enthusiasm and they do seem like they want the game to be great. I'm excited to see where they go from here.

Last edited by PVarck31; 02-12-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Well they added an entire mode. Just because of feedback, if anything that at least deserves some praise. Not only a mode, but a mode that will help people play better.. "for free". Try asking any other game to patch in a new mode and it will probably come with a $4.99 or more dollar proce tag.

There is dedication coming from the team over at Live but it seems people are ignoring that part. That's all I'm saying. Not trying to belittle your post or anything but they do deserve some if not all the praise they've been getting and the hate is unnecessary
I understand, I welcome the debate, I think it's good for the forums and the game, as long as it's civilized. Like I said, I think at this point, they have no where but up to go with Live 15. The only question is, how dedicated are they to improving and making some noise in the basketball genre. I think we will get a great game, but at the same time, they promised a lot with this game and underdelivered. I enjoy playing 2k and I enjoy playing Live, for their own reasons. I just get upset that they overlooked so many easy fixes but hopefully they can fix those before Live 14 support is done.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #29
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
-- "Our artists were just making the player faces on their own for NBA Live 14. There were no scans to work from."
LOLWUT?

And this is why people refused to drop $60 on this game.

Unbelievable.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
LOLWUT?

And this is why people refused to drop $60 on this game.

Unbelievable.
Lol they have to do the same for Madden. They have some cavemen looking mf's in that game too.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I mean I've already said my peace, and proved my point or at least showed where I'm coming from so if you want to feel some type of way then I mean that's your business. The mode was there but I don't think it was easy as copying and pasting, but I don't work for EA so whatever.

I don't really think there's much more I have to say.
Hey guy. I appreciate your allegience and support of EA. I don't have a problem with what you're saying... but one small exception. You mentioned we should praise EA for their effort. In my lexicon, praise is for service above and beyond - not for doing what should have been done in the first place. A thank you would suffice in this case.

To point out shortcomings is not to hate... merely to provide constructive criticism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #32
Rookie

After hearing both interviews from Sean O' Brien and Scott O' Gallagher, it confirmed that Live 14 was a rush job with some paint slapped on it to be sold for $60. I don't want to be in their position for Live 15 because their will be lots of pressure. Will they finally use the technology they have been hyping up to make the game stand out or will they continue to string along the community with EA PR protocol babble?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »