Home

NBA Live 15: Developer Chat With Executive Producer Sean O達rien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Developer Chat With Executive Producer Sean O達rien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #33
Rookie

TyShawn's Arena

OVR: 0
One cement that didn't sit with me the bright way was the kick starter analogy. I think I understand where Sean is coming from but it's off. I'm part of a kick starter and I know up front if I give X I'll get Z. In this case EA and Sean included is saying give is 60.00 plus tax a year for the right to play our checkpoint betas. Last year we found out the hard way, this year I will not.

Yes the scanns look nice but not 60.00 nice also the change control sound good on the interview but it's a wait and see. My biggest disappointment as an older player is I solely rely on dynasty mode and to know there was no focus on that part of the game was a slap in the face to me. I can understand not doing a complete overhaul, but to have that mode in this lifeless nonimmersive state it's in I once again can't find myself giving 60.00 for this years beta checkpoint.

I want sean and ea to do well but the one thing Live has to do well at least for me is what NCAA 12 did find that balance of good gameplay yet draw me into that world for 1-3 hours of my day. The days of buying a game just to play along with friends has long past me by, and from another posting it's more focus on new (revenue generating) features that will get pushed ahead of the one I personally care about.

My last quick point if ea and sean would want to discount all the beta one customer to take part in beta two then I am all for supporting the cause that's more in line with a kickstarter project or at least release the level contrabutsion bar so I know what the rewards for my monitary givings will be upfront.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #34
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 15: Developer Chat With Executive Producer Sean O達rien

I'm not surprised some of the modes are going to be the same, should have seen it coming after the game play last year, I'll, say again what I've always been saying, that Live game play has to be on par with 2k, has to be. I'm glad some of the modes took a back seat, because let's be honest, we haven't had a good NBA Live game since Live 10. I haven't enjoyed a Live game consistently since Live 06 on the game Cube. So when I see Gameplay being the main focus, I can't be mad at that. Gameplay always took a back seat to modes, now it's the opposite, everybody is pissed. I personally want Live in the level of FIFA, and it starts with the game play. Like it or not
Old 08-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #35
Rookie

It's funny, last year every one complained about how the game looked. The finally fixed that, worked on the animations and did this all in 11 months and now people are upset that they only corrected a couple things in Dynasty. I'm a huge dynasty fan but I'm okay with this news, change a couple things but this year was clearly about making it look and feel next-gen. Next year sounds like it will be a good one for game modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #36
Rookie

I'm actually glad that Live 15 focused on improving the gameplay and the graphics and everything else before game modes. How fun are those modes when a game doesn't play or look the way you want it to? I think Live 15 will succeed this year and 16 will just be even better when they add online team play. Gamescom is next week so we will have to wait until then to see some more. I'm excited. The answers that were given were with confidence and the truth. Hopefully it's all worth it at the end.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #37
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston3420
I'm actually glad that Live 15 focused on improving the gameplay and the graphics and everything else before game modes. How fun are those modes when a game doesn't play or look the way you want it to? I think Live 15 will succeed this year and 16 will just be even better when they add online team play. Gamescom is next week so we will have to wait until then to see some more. I'm excited. The answers that were given were with confidence and the truth. Hopefully it's all worth it at the end.
you do make a great point about the modes not being fun if gameplay is bad. lets hope I don't have to spend close to or over 300 dollars to get lebron in ultimate this year lol. i pray they get rid of the accelerated clock iin live season

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »