Home

NBA Live 15 and Synergy Sports Promise To Deliver a Real-Time NBA Experience

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and Synergy Sports Promise To Deliver a Real-Time NBA Experience within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #25
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 15 and Synergy Sports Promise To Deliver a Real-Time NBA Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Correct if I'm wrong but, what Synergy data would be loaded into the game when it ships? The season starts on the 28th, the same day as Live is released so there is no real data to use unless they use last year's which wouldn't be accurate since players/coaches have changed since then. Sorry for the questions, I'm just trying to understand this.
Yep it'll be using last years data for sure.. so teams like Cleveland or Miami might not be as accurate tendency wise as a San Antonio or Clippers would be.

But i would think both 2K and Live would suffer from that wouldn't it? Because the tendencies used for the initial rosters for both games are more speculation or prediction based off what could happen.

I would assume that both games will be better reflections of the NBA after the season is 20 games in. That way tendencies and lineups would be more accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #26
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 15 and Synergy Sports Promise To Deliver a Real-Time NBA Experience

I think both games are better off just hiring someone dedicated to perfecting tendencies rather than this "Synergy" or "STATS" implementation....

Didn't a Live dev last year say they have to manually change tendencies anyway? Makes hiring these stat tracking companies seem like a waste of $...
Old 10-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

While I'm quite weary to believe the impact or dialyness of the synergy changes, I will say that if there is one thing EA generally does well, its server stability. That said, the online impression thread from Live 14 makes it sound pretty unplayable, so we'll see
Old 10-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #28
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I think that they have to manually change attributes/ratings, and tendencies are driven by Synergy.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #29
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Yep it'll be using last years data for sure.. so teams like Cleveland or Miami might not be as accurate tendency wise as a San Antonio or Clippers would be.

But i would think both 2K and Live would suffer from that wouldn't it? Because the tendencies used for the initial rosters for both games are more speculation or prediction based off what could happen.

I would assume that both games will be better reflections of the NBA after the season is 20 games in. That way tendencies and lineups would be more accurate.
Ahh...yeah, that makes sense.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I think that they have to manually change attributes/ratings, and tendencies are driven by Synergy.
There needs to be a sticky thread for ratings changes or suggestions throughout the year...

Heck normally i would just do my own edits but we don't have the option this year so I think there should be a sticky thread in case we start seeing players doing stuff they shouldn't be doing or possibly use the ratings to make them do what they are suppose to be doing....

Ratings is still IMO the bread and butter behind the actual gameplay Live

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #31
MVP

_Fernando's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
There needs to be a sticky thread for ratings changes or suggestions throughout the year...

Heck normally i would just do my own edits but we don't have the option this year so I think there should be a sticky thread in case we start seeing players doing stuff they shouldn't be doing or possibly use the ratings to make them do what they are suppose to be doing....

Agreed.

I'll be soliciting feedback once we start rolling. I know I'll miss some stuff so, community feedback and dialogue will be fun. Definitely looking forward to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #32
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Good idea. stephensonmc used to check OS for our recommendations on player gear updates in Live 09 and they'd get them in.

Maybe Fernando can be the go-to guy for ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »