Home

No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

This is a discussion on No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 07:22 PM   #97
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
MADDEN didn't get a demo this year. The Show hasn't released a demo in about 5 years. Companies view them as negative - either in the amount of effort it takes to produce and possibly in the negative impact on sales. I think they should release one a few weeks AFTER the game releases to spark new interest and have a new build that is good.
1. Neither one of those games has competition.
2. Both of those games have well established fan bases.

Live suffers from 3 main things: great competition, a lack of quality over the years, and a divided fan base. There are still some die hard Live fans but there is a large portionof basketball fans who don't trust the Live brand and need proof the game is worth a purchase.

Live 15 is a game that could use a demo to persuade people that this iteration of Live is worth a purchase. Besides hardcore Live fans I can't imagine many going out and buying the game without playing first, unless reviews absolutely praise the game.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #98
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginesis22
Man...people relax! I don't get why you need a demo two weeks out from the game releasing. Its not like playing it now or days before release will make a difference. Chill, calm down, relax lol
Because not everyone wants to give EA $60 for a game they haven't played yet. IMO there hasn't been enough shown for this game that tells me it is worth the purchase. The track history of the game has resulted in a brand that can't be trusted. The fact that only a few trailers have been shown, no 5 on 5 gameplay has been shown (except leaked footage that was taken down) , and the demo is no guarantee makes me wonder if EA is lacking confidence in the game.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #99
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordZMaster
next Tuesday on EA Access. Same as with Madden, 1week before release.
Not to nitpick, but it's actually next Thursday...5 days before release

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 10-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #100
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Not to nitpick, but it's actually next Thursday...5 days before release
My bad, can't wait to try it out. 2K15 is growing on me, still a bit VC heavy and I swear the player models don't look as good this year on X1.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #101
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordZMaster
My bad, can't wait to try it out. 2K15 is growing on me, still a bit VC heavy and I swear the player models don't look as good this year on X1.
Player models look on point in Live, post your impressions so we know what it's about.

Kinda mad I traded in my X1 for a PS4 now, wish I would've just kept it and got the PS4 too.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 02:19 AM   #102
Rookie

oneHova's Arena

I know that there is a difference between playing and seeing. But honestly everyone who has PS4 or doesn't have an EA Access membership, will still have the ability to thoroughly overview the full game from those who do. So an early demo would be irrelevantly biased to what is about to be fully revealed 5 days before release!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »