Home

NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-28-2014, 04:33 AM   #65
Rookie

dal_hawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclakers32
this confuses me to no end. why do you want the game to get nba scoring in 5 minute quarters? do we not want a sim at all?
Did i say i wanted it in the 100s for 5 min qts? No thats just something u pulled out of thin air. I just want higher number of possessions in a six qt game than 2k has. We all cant play three hours straight like some can. I just want the score closer to nba score if your playing 8 or 9 minute. Not actually 110 pts, just closer. Most online quick games ive played have been 45 to 42 kinda scores. Still want sim but not boring realistic such as unnecessary wasted time like slow inbounds, slow free throw routines, and slightly faster pacing for animations. I didnt have a problem with 2ks pacing in last gen.
But the first two next gens have felt a little too much weighed down, some clunkiness in response and online seems to have designed delay to help elminate inconsistent lag. Id rather it be inconsistent and sometimes feel awesome then always have lag. That alone makes me interested in eas title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 05:53 AM   #66
Just started!

OVR: 0
Man this looks ugly. In my opinion, EA should take a completely different approach to basketball games instead of trying to catch up to 2k. I've been playing since Live 96 and the very first 2k for the Dreamcast. I've always ended up playing more live until about 2006. What worked for EA in the past was the intuitive controls, fun balanced and fast paced online experience . I Even NBA NBA Street series as well. Let 2k look pretty and be a Sim ball game. Ea should just focus being Ea. Here are some of my ideas or concepts that might just work.
- ability to control players celebrations and taunts just like in Fifa or NHL: Boost players stamina when used at the right time or technical foul when overused.
- star based skill moves: again, Fifa uses this very effectively although soccer has more skill moves to pull off with the right stick. Live can borrow this. For example, players with 5 star dribble moves can pull off the shamrock or 5 star post move skillers can do the dream shake etc.
- bring back the freestyle controls from live 06: high flyer, playmaker, etc
- take advantage of great Ea servers: this where the competition struggles for years now, and at times I find 2ks online head to head games very repetitive and boring. Ea should make the game fun and well balanced where skillful players get rewarded with wins, even if it makes game more 'arcadey'.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #67
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Vids updated within posts

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #68
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Exactly the over abundance is my issue NO game is perfect...but when the a.i. determines that its going to steal the ball at all costs and pulls a "indiana jones temple of doom" on me and takes the ball by sticking his hand through my chest...

Spoiler

we have issues..
..especially if it happens repeatedly in the course of one game.....

Seriously though...it happens too MUCH...after every play I just check instant replay and theirs issues everywhere...in real time it looks great in some cases but go manually check instant replay its like wdf...its like the game is cutting corners to try to look fluid in realtime....that might be why no 5 on 5 footage was shown because slowed down its baaaaaaaaaaaad...I just played nets vs cavs POST PATCH and manually instant replayed after every bucket in the 1st minute of the 1st quarter ....this is what was recorded...(over 5 clippings in that short span)

NBA Live 15 Nets vs Cavs 1st quarter clippings (1s: http://youtu.be/QoUMA0f5QLA
hahaha - damn, I haven't opened my copy yet - now seriously pondering it after watching your video - not good.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #69
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Exactly the over abundance is my issue NO game is perfect...but when the a.i. determines that its going to steal the ball at all costs and pulls a "indiana jones temple of doom" on me and takes the ball by sticking his hand through my chest...

Spoiler

we have issues..
..especially if it happens repeatedly in the course of one game.....

Seriously though...it happens too MUCH...after every play I just check instant replay and theirs issues everywhere...in real time it looks great in some cases but go manually check instant replay its like wdf...its like the game is cutting corners to try to look fluid in realtime....that might be why no 5 on 5 footage was shown because slowed down its baaaaaaaaaaaad...I just played nets vs cavs POST PATCH and manually instant replayed after every bucket in the 1st minute of the 1st quarter ....this is what was recorded...(over 5 clippings in that short span)

NBA Live 15 Nets vs Cavs 1st quarter clippings (1s: http://youtu.be/QoUMA0f5QLA
I've seen less in this game than any other title this year, including the Indiana Jones moment. That's not to say its acceptable, because it's not, especially not to a high level of occurrence.

For what it's worth, you should probably throw this in the Bugs & Glitches post. You'll probably get a better response there. I've already forwarded it on. If you watched any of my streams, I don't see this stuff nearly as prominent. Are you on X1 or PS4? I wonder if it's tuned any differently on each platform?

I know when I played on X1 earlier in the cycle, they had it tuned really well. I'm assuming it's a small tweak that needs to be made.

Regardless, I've passed it along. Throw it in the Bugs & Glitches thread though so it's recorded there too.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #70
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

That's one thing I hate in 2k when blocking or stripping the CPU man hand goes through the ball. So I have to deal with this in live to the same extent too?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #71
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I've seen less in this game than any other title this year, including the Indiana Jones moment. That's not to say its acceptable, because it's not, especially not to a high level of occurrence.

For what it's worth, you should probably throw this in the Bugs & Glitches post. You'll probably get a better response there. I've already forwarded it on. If you watched any of my streams, I don't see this stuff nearly as prominent. Are you on X1 or PS4? I wonder if it's tuned any differently on each platform?

I know when I played on X1 earlier in the cycle, they had it tuned really well. I'm assuming it's a small tweak that needs to be made.

Regardless, I've passed it along. Throw it in the Bugs & Glitches thread though so it's recorded there too.
Xbox one and thank you for the response WTF...I will put it in there...like I said realtime it looks good but manually instant replay it and it gets veeeeeery ugly..I see something to this nature 90 percent of the time on each posession..hopefully they can tune it cause this is ridiculous

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #72
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
That's one thing I hate in 2k when blocking or stripping the CPU man hand goes through the ball. So I have to deal with this in live to the same extent too?

Happens in every basketball/ sports game and will probably keep happening for the foreseeable future...It's happening in my PS4 retail version of Live...people that claim to see it in one game and not the other have selective vision, lol...

It's all about how much of it your willing to stomach...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »