Home

My 2 hours with Live 16

This is a discussion on My 2 hours with Live 16 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-17-2015, 02:42 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My 2 hours with Live 16

I thought from a sim perspective the shooting was really cool. on 3's getting a shot in the 40% rate was really good. So you hold the button and try to release within the circle/bubble at the top of the meter.

if you hit it right on you get the highest percentage for that guy. so if i hit it perfect while wide open say I get 45% with curry. That same shot with lebron may be 38% . With tristan thompson it may be 5% (i think that was the highest I saw with him) If I hit it perfect while guarded it may be 38% with curry and maybe only 26% with lebron.

But attacking the paint I may take a layup in the paint with lebron that hits 95% on the meter and that same layup with curry may be 77%. But change that to a pull up jumper in the paint and it may be 82% for steph and drop to 65% for lebron. all based on there attributes ...And so on. its cool.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:43 AM   #10
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

No post game still? Issue for years

How's the shooting feel ?
Old 06-17-2015, 02:45 AM   #11
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclakers32
lol @ 23....im telling you bro. lol.

i asked, but they said i could only take pics.

the models look good no matter what angle. my friend who went with me, who couldn't play 5 minutes of last years game played several games with me. He was also in awe of the jump from last year to this.

Again. Im not saying its a 2k killer or nothing like that. But I thought last year guys were really reaching to make that game more than it was, which was baaaad. But it is definitely much improved. And in every way.

post game still lacking . some awful finishes around the rim animation wise. But the movement and feel is definitely very good. No question. The pacing and speed was awesome at default. Although ryan and I both agreed it could be slowed down a notch or two.
Ugh I didn't want hear this again. Here's to hoping it's more improved at Gamescom.

Thanks for the impressions man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 02:52 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Ugh I didn't want hear this again. Here's to hoping it's more improved at Gamescom.

Thanks for the impressions man!
I remember meeting you at the elite event at the beach... Its dissapointing because it's an old issue. But after talking to the guys there I know its something they are not happy with and they have earned some respect from me for the effort they are making. And those who know me, know I don't have any ties to the companies, just basketball.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:55 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No post game still? Issue for years

How's the shooting feel ?
Its a little bit of an adjustment because of the jacked up system they had in place. and the 2k reflex. I found it a bit fast. but not nearly the just press the button thing I felt last year, if that makes sense. the different timing for different guys was good to have back!
Old 06-17-2015, 03:04 AM   #14
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Oh okay good to see timing back in for the post. Did you notice any added moves for the post?

Or is it still as simple as last year??
Old 06-17-2015, 03:11 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Oh okay good to see timing back in for the post. Did you notice any added moves for the post?

Or is it still as simple as last year??
seems just as simple as last year, but cleaner animations for mostly the same few moves. I will give it another look tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 03:14 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclakers32
I thought from a sim perspective the shooting was really cool. on 3's getting a shot in the 40% rate was really good. So you hold the button and try to release within the circle/bubble at the top of the meter.

if you hit it right on you get the highest percentage for that guy. so if i hit it perfect while wide open say I get 45% with curry. That same shot with lebron may be 38% . With tristan thompson it may be 5% (i think that was the highest I saw with him) If I hit it perfect while guarded it may be 38% with curry and maybe only 26% with lebron.

But attacking the paint I may take a layup in the paint with lebron that hits 95% on the meter and that same layup with curry may be 77%. But change that to a pull up jumper in the paint and it may be 82% for steph and drop to 65% for lebron. all based on there attributes ...And so on. its cool.
thats dope.... a really good approach to shooting.

How was defensive footwork?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »