Home

NBA Live 16 Screenshot - Nerlens Noel in New Philadelphia 76ers Uniform

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Screenshot - Nerlens Noel in New Philadelphia 76ers Uniform within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2015, 04:15 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 16 Screenshot - Nerlens Noel in New Philadelphia 76ers Uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

EA Sports has released another NBA Live 16 screenshot. This one features Nerlens Noel in the new Philadelphia 76ers uniform.
I know this screenshot has gotten more criticism than the others, but I've gotta say I think it looks like a solid A- the only fault I can find is the excessive creases to the forehead, but all in all it's terrific. 1. It looks to be a slightly improved version of last year's Noel model. 2. Hair and beard for Noel is on point, accurate to what he looks like as of this past month (summer league appearance on bench) 3. Build is on point, and was so in Live 15.

Here is the best photo of Nerlens I've found to compare it to:

nerlens15.jpg
Old 08-02-2015, 05:04 AM   #34
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTWOKAL
Well that's a glitch not how players anatomy are normally so ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that's not just a glitch bro, I can fire up 2K15 right now and find that in just about any paused replay, or even just in screenshots found online. To actually think 2K's graphics -- as they are now -- are as near perfection as possible, it's hard to take that seriously...

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 08-02-2015 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:06 AM   #35
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisportsfan23
I know this screenshot has gotten more criticism than the others, but I've gotta say I think it looks like a solid A- the only fault I can find is the excessive creases to the forehead, but all in all it's terrific. 1. It looks to be a slightly improved version of last year's Noel model. 2. Hair and beard for Noel is on point, accurate to what he looks like as of this past month (summer league appearance on bench) 3. Build is on point, and was so in Live 15.

Here is the best photo of Nerlens I've found to compare it to:

Attachment 103506

Agreed. And I agree with most in this thread -- overall it is a good likeness of Noel, the lighting and detail is great. Problems being he looks older, and meatier in the face. And as someone said, the colors (the red & blue in the jersey) are washed out ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #36
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTWOKAL
Well that's a glitch not how players anatomy are normally so ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind've like in Live when players shoulder muscles expand abnormally at the free throw line

But hey.....
Old 08-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #37
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
If they're scanning people with cameras, how can you say he looks older than he should? That just doesn't make much sense.
not trolling or hating, but from both companies. if they're scanning with cameras, how can things still be off? if this is the case, whats the point in scanning? what's the point in mo-capping if it doesn't animate smoothly? j/s
i say this because i want to see EA get back to their "it's in the game" slogan.
real mf'n talk.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:10 AM   #38
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0

Granted I don't watch the 76ers, but when I first saw the screen shot, I was like wtf? Why does he look old.

Then i see his actual picture and is like, OK I see it now, but his cheeks are too big but he still looks old
Old 08-02-2015, 02:38 PM   #39
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevestatingPoopLauncher23
Yet can't support your reason why it "looks off." To me this looks really good. Lighting, texture, color, face, background, everything looks really good. This game graphically keeps improving, I really feel now they have a foundation & in a few years it can be on 2k level. Post game needs to be addressed, not a lot of post moves.
I can't support the reasoning because I seriously can't put my finger on what it is. I'm definitely not just saying it to bash Live because I really do want to see it succeed.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #40
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Kind've like in Live when players shoulder muscles expand abnormally at the free throw line

But hey.....

I thought you didn't like to compare Live to 2k and vice versa? Looks like you are or have always been. (Which I never seemed to understand why there was such a fuss or sensitivity in comparing.) Do we need to go back to the topic with Conley/Isaiah screenshot, comparing Isaiah's shoulders to David West's in that 2k screen? Dude, West's arms/shoulders are jaaaaacked up! No one said Live's graphics were perfect, either. But they are vastly further along than 2K's right now. Differing artistic styles aside, if you think 2k's dated graphics are still better/more realistic than Live's right now, then you are less capable of being objective than you believe. Or perhaps you should get Lasik, like I did

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 08-02-2015 at 05:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »