Home

NBA Live 16 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 02:06 AM   #25
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 16 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEOHaize
I'll be buying this. Probably around the all star break when the price drops. I really wish they'd just make the pro am avaiable for download.
The price will drop before the All-Star break. Just like last year.

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 06:29 AM   #26
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iClutch
Live 2004-5 are the best ones IMO.

People slept on NBA Live 10, too.

Hated 2004 and 05. NBA Live 10 was pretty good. I liked Live 99 and how they had the TNT overlays. During the ps1 days that game was the one! Live 2000 with Duncan was also good. I think that's when they finally brought Jordan and had the one on one.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:53 AM   #27
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 16 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Great review...nails most areas.

It is hard to fathom how, after three years, they still have so many bad animations in there...

Right, and you have to factor that in when talking about graphics....not just still screenshots- though I love the shots in the photo thread like every one else....that's not what your entire experience entails....

I always thought that Live had good looking graphics in general though...they'd do themselves a big favor by providing some better camera angles..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-04-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:04 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fair review I'm loving the online play. 2k can't touch EA SPORTS servers. Nba live will be a top game in 2yrs
Old 10-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #29
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Very good review.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:42 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm still here, reading when I have the chance. Life, work and family getting the best of me currently. Live 17 and beyond is a go. Live 16 will continue to improve, new patches, new scans, etc will be added as we go along.
Family and work should always take precedence and should be atop the prioritization list. Everything else is secondary.

When feasible, continue to advocate for the community as always regarding these concerns. On the subject of concerns or questions, can we expect any dev or devs from EA to pay the board a visit this year? I know it was pretty rough around here last year but they've really done something remarkable with the game this year and should be proud. I'm sure the members share the same sentiments and will welcome any engagement or interaction from them while keeping the topics constructive.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #31
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Yikes. Jeff Teague looks nothing like himself in NBA Live this year. This series has a long, long, long way to go to be considered a viable alternative to 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Yikes. Jeff Teague looks nothing like himself in NBA Live this year. This series has a long, long, long way to go to be considered a viable alternative to 2K.
Overstatement of the year and I certainly hope you're not saying this strictly because of Jeff Teague. We all know that more work needs to be done, however, the game is a lot closer today with the competition more than at any other recent time unless you include Live10. It's a fallacy that's been perpetuated mainly by people with an agenda or bias. From a pure gameplay standpoint you've got to be blind not to realize the significant advances made this year that place this game on par with the competition, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I have not even mentioned what Pro Am brings to the table and how it can effectively stand on its own.

With what they've been able to accomplish I have more faith than ever before that they will address the glaring issues this and the following year. It is simply imperative and I am sure they are fully cognizant of this.

In regards to Jeff Teague, come on. A simple search in Google with the words "Jeff Teague 2015" will yield the results you're looking for. Now, compare that to the Live16 facescan then get back with me.

Now, if we're talking the lack of certain modes and the requisite depth associated with these modes in contrast with the competition, that's a given and is on the roadmap. We should expect big things next year in that regard as has been announced all over. Listen, I also play the other game and can recognize their wonderful advancements this year. However, due credit must be given when it's deserved and the Live16 team has certainly earned that! It's really troubling and a great disservice to this game, to see people adopt this lemming-like mentality and rate or review this game out of spite ( not necessarily referring to you) or using a flawed demo as the basis for their arguement.

Last edited by Calvenn; 10-04-2015 at 08:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »