Home

Roster Updates

This is a discussion on Roster Updates within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Roster Updates

They've got to figure a way to add roster editing to keep this game alive i feel. Franchise mode you cant even change players #s, that pathetic. This day and age that is automatic, dont know why they thought that was okay. When we did get this new update if you have started Franchise, with Okc or Cavs you have to restart. Thats pretty stupid if you ask me.

Off topic, but they need to add more commentary lines some how. Its repetitive 2 games in Franchise.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-30-2017, 12:17 AM   #154
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkfly
They've got to figure a way to add roster editing to keep this game alive i feel. Franchise mode you cant even change players #s, that pathetic. This day and age that is automatic, dont know why they thought that was okay. When we did get this new update if you have started Franchise, with Okc or Cavs you have to restart. Thats pretty stupid if you ask me.

Off topic, but they need to add more commentary lines some how. Its repetitive 2 games in Franchise.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
madden does this, they could do it commentary outdated
Old 09-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #155
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Since a lot are new to the forum, I'm going to put this out there just once as a warning- we need to avoid calling the developers out with names like 'lazy'...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBM
Hey guys,

Just signed up. I've also been frustrated with the rosters. It's unacceptable and lazy. After seeing how EA won't communicate I sent a letter to the NBA.

Basically told them. I feel the license is being misused and unrepresentative of the NBA, having so many incorrect rosters and the ignoring of the NBA and gaming community by EA.

I told them the biggest community is on operation sports
and many fellow NBA and gaming fans echo what I'm writing.

I'll let you guys know when something comes back.
Man, this dude came in HOT. Great first post/take I feel his frustration...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #156
Pro

zrohman's Arena

They finally put Bogdan Bogdanovic in the game. They made him a black dude.

Still missing Malachi Richardson, and Papa G (even though he's on ultimate team?)

Your almost a month into the game and can't even get rosters right.

I defended this. 2k is biggest money grab as can be. I'm 82 rated currently on nba live and haven't even played that much on my character, I would be a 59 right now in 2k, couldn't even get my hair right without paying. But the fact that we are weeks in and I can't even play a game or start a franchise with legitimate players that exist, man...

I'm about to sell on eBay, get my $32 that way and just buy 2k... It's a shame. I don't think the devs get it, their best supporters who defended them, even without roster editing, can't defend such incompetence, if you have no roster editing AT LEAST have Jersey numbers and players in the game
Old 09-30-2017, 01:47 PM   #157
Banned

MLBNFLNBALGS's Arena

^^^ He's dead in the water.... Wrong on so many levels!!!
1) There's NBA LIVE COMMUNITIES on FACEBOOK and PS COMMUNITIES 10x bigger than OS FORUM.. This is where most peopl come to wine to tell you the truth...

2) Do you actually believe EA wil give your egotistical/emotional filled opinion one clear eyeball??? Nope... There's EA GAME CHANGERS that can't get things done...

If this was me, I'd be banned!!! The fact that you believe that everyone wants ROSTER EDITING just goes to show where you stand... I wouldn't be mad if they did have it for you guys but the point that they've already said why YEARS ago the reason being that it's a business and people still beg and make up stuff!! They'll do all the editing and roster makeup so don't even think about making NBA LIVE look like a clown show of a game such as COD and other games that allow you to get haircuts and walking down Sesame Street to footlocker for some of the worst shoe scans ever!!! #facts Get over it...OS is the only community screaming for ROSTER EDITING.... Everybody else is looking forward to NBA LIVE 19 on FROSTBITE...

Last edited by MLBNFLNBALGS; 09-30-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:48 PM   #158
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
They finally put Bogdan Bogdanovic in the game. They made him a black dude.

Still missing Malachi Richardson, and Papa G (even though he's on ultimate team?)

Your almost a month into the game and can't even get rosters right.

I defended this. 2k is biggest money grab as can be. I'm 82 rated currently on nba live and haven't even played that much on my character, I would be a 59 right now in 2k, couldn't even get my hair right without paying. But the fact that we are weeks in and I can't even play a game or start a franchise with legitimate players that exist, man...

I'm about to sell on eBay, get my $32 that way and just buy 2k... It's a shame. I don't think the devs get it, their best supporters who defended them, even without roster editing, can't defend such incompetence, if you have no roster editing AT LEAST have Jersey numbers and players in the game

Are you from Sac?

I would just stick with Live, if you need to have at least 1 NBA game. 2k will feel like the same ole same ole after a couple of weeks.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #159
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL

Are you from Sac?

I would just stick with Live, if you need to have at least 1 NBA game. 2k will feel like the same ole same ole after a couple of weeks.
But they still have good gameplay, update rosters, and depth to their modes.

Live has great gameplay and a better career, but if I can't even play with my team or start a franchise, now the incompetencies start to stack. I can deal with the bugs while they update, but willing competence, things they could fix and just don't, just proves it's a sinking ship. I spent months on here sharing my excitement and loving the demo and preaching patience. But if you can't even get basic rosters right, Jersey numbers, and can't even add normal players to the game, I have lost that hope. If someone wants to help me restore hope I'm listening. For now I'm venting out my frustrations as someone who comes back every year hoping things change, I preach patience for a couple months until incompetence catches up
Old 09-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #160
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBNFLNBALGS
^^^ He's dead in the water.... Wrong on so many levels!!!
1) There's NBA LIVE COMMUNITIES on FACEBOOK and PS COMMUNITIES 10x bigger than OS FORUM.. This is where most peopl come to wine to tell you the truth...

2) Do you actually believe EA wil give your egotistical/emotional filled opinion one clear eyeball??? Nope... There's EA GAME CHANGERS that can't get things done...

If this was me, I'd be banned!!! The fact that you believe that everyone wants ROSTER EDITING just goes to show where you stand... I wouldn't be mad if they did have it for you guys but the point that they've already said why YEARS ago the reason being that it's a business and people still beg and make up stuff!! They'll do all the editing and roster makeup so don't even think about making NBA LIVE look like a clown show of a game such as COD and other games that allow you to get haircuts and walking down Sesame Street to footlocker for some of the worst shoe scans ever!!! #facts Get over it...OS is the only community screaming for ROSTER EDITING.... Everybody else is looking forward to NBA LIVE 19 on FROSTBITE...
What, in the world. Are you rambling on about now?

"They'll do all the editing & roster makeup so don't even think about making NBA Live look like a clown show of a game such as CoD"?? Huh?

On Twitter, there are plenty of people "screaming" about roster editing, every day. By not including it, EA are just hurting their own sales. And what's Frostbite gonna do? Frostbite is not the Messiah. Using it on Live 19 is not going to erase all the issues this game has had and continues to have, since Live 14.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »