Home

Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports, Joining Ex-NBA 2K Senior Producer Rob Jones

This is a discussion on Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports, Joining Ex-NBA 2K Senior Producer Rob Jones within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2020, 07:26 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports,

This is necessary. 2K needs the competition. It’s getting stale.
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 09-01-2020, 07:59 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Interesting.....
Old 09-01-2020, 10:03 PM   #19
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports,

This may be a part of something bigger for EA and NBA Live. I posted this in the Other Basketball section a few days ago:

This research is being done by a friend of mine at EA (and fellow researchers) to improve animations via AI methods.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:32 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

While it is safe to say that there won't be a NBA Live this year, I think still need to make some type of announcement of what the plan will be. They have spoken since Live 20 was officially cancelled. These moves seem to point that they arent giving up on Live. I do hope they are building from ground up for next gen. So hopefully having 2 years, it will allow them to build a good foundation to build off for next gen.

I just hope they hire more good developers and coders and such. I hope it isn't another Live 18 and 19 situation where Madden had to have their developers focus on building up Live. It was a time where Madden was transitioning to Frostbite, Longshot. I dont want a situation where they have to share their resources and Madden suffers from it
Old 09-02-2020, 04:42 AM   #21
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
This addition won't matter much if they are handcuffed by leadership,* and aren't allowed to do their thing.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2020, 06:27 AM   #22
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
This addition won't matter much if they are handcuffed by leadership,* and aren't allowed to do their thing.*

Pretty much this. I predict Rob and OG will produce a great game. Then management will step in because the numbers they were expecting didn't happen. From there they will leave and come back to 2k. EA will destroy what those two created and we will get NBA Elite 24 lol

I have no faith in EA. They wasted talent for years now and they haven't changed a bit. Whoever is running the sports division needs to be replaced with someone more hands off and let these guys do their thing.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:25 AM   #23
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Re: Scott OG headed back to EA Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Round 2 of EA needing 2k devs to fix NBA Live.. how sad is that?
Very smart moves. It's kind of like let's say, the 76ers going to get Moses Malone to play alongside Dr. J so they could get past the Celtics and the Lakers. You go get the best that's out there. Ain't no shame in that.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:36 AM   #24
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I do hope this means some competition for 2k. I just don't like the direction 2k is going. It's crazy to think, I've been around long enough to have already made one jump. I was a Live kid growing up. Live 2004 is my favorite basketball game of all time. I switched to 2k for 2k7 and was full on 2k from 2k7 to 2k17.

I did think Live 08, 10, 18, and 19 were all decent. I really liked Live 10's gameplay but the association mode of that game flat out sucked.

Anyway, hoping this just leads to a better overall market of basketball titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »