Home

The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread

This is a discussion on The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2004, 07:55 PM   #1
Money Makin' Sonny

Ice Cream Truck's Arena

OVR: 13
The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread

The Phoenix Suns

With Steve Nash, Q. Richardson, and the first Japanese player to play in the National Basketball league, Yuta Tabuse, are the Suns playoff contenders this year?

www.nba.com/suns

Philadelphia Eagles

Phoenix Suns

Last edited by Ice Cream Truck; 11-04-2004 at 07:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2004, 08:04 PM   #2
Money Makin' Sonny

Ice Cream Truck's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The Official ***Phoenix Suns*** Thread

Suns Going Small for Opening Night!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:07 PM   #3
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

I like the Suns a lot this year. They will win a lot of games this year simply by out running and out jumping them. This is such an athletic team.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:52 PM   #4
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

I was quite pleased with their performance offensively (we shot over 50%) and defensively (they shot 34%). Anytime you can be beating a team by up to 40 points (even if it is the hawks) is great. Of course, though the hawks have a ton of new players so they will need to take time to get to know each other. But one of my main concerns is that we cannot always play small ball and that we don't really have a banger in the post besides amare, and i don't want to have him have to do everything down low. It would be nice if someone could step up by showing some toughness, grabbing about 7 or 8 boards a game, playing could d, hustling, and maybe making a few baskets. We will see how the season plays out though, and how phoenix responds to a team that can shut down their running attack. Overall a great way to start the season.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:59 PM   #5
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Woah, I didnt know these boards even existed. Great idea, guys. Well, I'm very optimistic for us this year (After the start last year, and the losing groove we got into, it just upset me so much.). Couple of new faces in Q, Vroman, and Hunter, an old friend in Nash. I'm expecting high things. It sucks being a Suns fan in LA, seeing as how I'll hardly be able to watch their games besides the nationally televised ones (and + 4 for the Lakers, they hardly show Clipper games for some reason). We can't play smallball constantly. It's gonna tire out Amare early, esp. against the West. But I think it was just done for the first game to set a nice, fast tempo. Atlanta is not exactly one of the biggest teams in the world either, so we didnt need much size and power. So we'll see. Yes, I'm very optimistic (hoping for a 5th or 6th seed), but we did only beat Atlanta, and there are still 81 left. Let's take 'em one game at a time!

GO SUNS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2004, 07:58 PM   #6
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

well i watched a qaurter and a half of the suns and they looked good. Amare looks to be a stud, i just hope he can expand his shooting range, and the team is playing well defensively. We have good depth especially at the guard positions. I didn't like the signing of q richardson at first, but now i think its great because it gives the other players a rest while not losing anything talent wise. I just hope the chemistry can stay as good as it has been so far, because joe johnson's contract is up this year, and we will see what management does there.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

These guys are playing like the teams of the 80's and 90's.. running, setting picks, ACTUALLY RUNNING PLAYS... these guys are going to average 105 or 110 a game all season. Coach D'Antoni must have shown them film of the olympics and good ole classic NBA because that's the way they're playing.

Season is early, but I have a feeling this team is going to kick some butt this year.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:11 PM   #8
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkem
These guys are playing like the teams of the 80's and 90's.. running, setting picks, ACTUALLY RUNNING PLAYS... these guys are going to average 105 or 110 a game all season. Coach D'Antoni must have shown them film of the olympics and good ole classic NBA because that's the way they're playing.

Season is early, but I have a feeling this team is going to kick some butt this year.
Yea I loved the teams from the late 80's an early 90's with KJ and Tom Chambers running and gunning blowing teams out by 20 most nights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »