Home

*~*~*~Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread~*~*~*

This is a discussion on *~*~*~Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread~*~*~* within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 09:17 PM   #537
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: *~*~*~Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread~*~*~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by driddy
So far, I've enjoyed this offseason. Gotta love it when the Lakers are making news. We need to package Slava, and Jones to get a decent point. Smush Parker has been doing some good things in SPL, but Mitch needs to make a push for a legit pointguard. Daniels would be nice, but who else is out there?
Marko Jaric is the only other "starter" out there. And he is only starter worthy if he plays like he did toward the end of last season.

Old 07-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #538
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm getting anxious to see the new lineup and how they gel. I expect Turiaf to slap a fire under Kwame as they battle each other in practice. If we keep Cook (which I have a feeling we wont be able to in our quest for a pointguard) then the Lakers have several looks to throw at teams.

I'm mostly interested in seeing how Cook and Walton have developed for their third season.The good thing about bringing Phil back, is that our bench players already have the offense, once our starters mesh our offense will improve from last year's three point happy team. In years past, when the bench players came in, the offense halted, this year I see the bench keeping the pace with the likes of Cook, Walton, Slava, and George.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #539
MVP

OVR: 13

Does anybody know what this is all about?

Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #540
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Some interesting points from Ding's article. I hope to god we keep turiaf and it works out. Also, does anybody know if vonnie got invited to the pre season? if smush did i dont see why vonnie wouldnt.

By KEVIN DING
The Orange County Register

One factor is the health of second-round pick Ronny Turiaf, who was held out of half the summer-league season because of complications with his physical. It is possible the contract Turiaf signed a week ago will be invalidated and the Lakers will lose another big man.

The reason the Lakers have cleared cap space for 2007-08 is to make a maximum offer to a marquee, unrestricted free agent - though there is no reason to assume Yao Ming will leave Houston or Amare Stoudemire will leave Phoenix. That dream probably cost the Lakers Daniels for the coming seasons. Other free-agent possibilities for the Lakers, who have Sasha Vujacic or Luke Walton in place to pair with Bryant at guard, are Damon Stoudamire, Tyronn Lue, Gary Payton, Jannero Pargo and Juan Dixon.

Guard Smush Parker did well enough for the Lakers' summer-league team that he might be invited to training camp.

The Lakers went 5-3 in their Long Beach season, with first-round pick Andrew Bynum scoring 10.6 points per game on 46.4 percent shooting. Bynum also averaged 7.5 rebounds in 30.6 minutes.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:49 PM   #541
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by driddy
I'm getting anxious to see the new lineup and how they gel. I expect Turiaf to slap a fire under Kwame as they battle each other in practice. If we keep Cook (which I have a feeling we wont be able to in our quest for a pointguard) then the Lakers have several looks to throw at teams.

I'm mostly interested in seeing how Cook and Walton have developed for their third season.The good thing about bringing Phil back, is that our bench players already have the offense, once our starters mesh our offense will improve from last year's three point happy team. In years past, when the bench players came in, the offense halted, this year I see the bench keeping the pace with the likes of Cook, Walton, Slava, and George.
i think george is the only one thats really good bench player . the rest are mediocre.ne way , im dying for the season to start already.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »