Home

Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

This is a discussion on Official San Antonio Spurs Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2018, 12:18 AM   #49
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

I do believe it is true - Kawhi himself has not come out and said anything but many reports from credible sources have detailed his specifics from his camp - If he does decide to stay and just fulfill the remainder of his contract before heading into the 2019 offseason as an unrestricted free agent than this could be his auditioning year to show that his thigh is fully healed - if he does not sign his extension than the Spurs run the risk of losing him without any substantial return.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:09 PM   #50
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

I miss miss Kawhi but will welcome Derozan to the family - he is a guy who can get buckets as long Uncle Lebron ain’t around 😳
Old 07-24-2018, 04:44 AM   #51
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Great podcast with Michael C. Wright, David Thorpe & Tom Haberstroh that breaks down almost the entire situation:
https://backtobackpod.libsyn.com/ner...chael-c-wright

Also, there are rumours that his uncle wanted a position in the front - office (ala LeBron's friends in Cleveland), Dedmon & Simmons formed a "clique" with Kawhi (they were both unceremoniously let go/not retained) that "poisoned" his view of the team & Kawhi had a frayed relationship with Pop and certain veterans (i.e. Tony & Manu).

Man, **** Kawhi! I'll LOL when this injury flares up (it is chronic) again in Toronto or Los Angeles and he's crying about it to uncle Dennis.

Also, if the injury is as serious as the Spurs believe than whoever has him long - term will never see the 2016 - 2017 version of him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 07-24-2018 at 04:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 04:03 AM   #52
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice tidbit of info from Spurstalk.com:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kori Ellis
Way back in the beginning of the Kawhi saga, I heard from someone that Kawhi was pissed off and felt disrespected by someone in Spurs' management (not Pop). He wasn't mad at the "misdiagnosis" or anything else, but at something particular that this person said to him/about him. From there, his group allegedly used that to pump Kawhi up into wanting to leave the organization (i.e. Why would you want to stay there when X person said that/believes that about you? They don't even care about you. Superstars should have this and that, etc). So instead of getting over the comment, things escalated. And here we are today. So, I'm not shocked by Wright's statement that Kawhi said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."
Looks like this saga/story has a lot of layers and many aren't about any "misdiagnosis" like folks on OS believe.

Too bad Leonard has seriously damaged the Spurs reputation and his own through the process of all this.

SMDH

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »