Home

The 2019 New York Knicks: Feel the Fiz

This is a discussion on The 2019 New York Knicks: Feel the Fiz within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #17
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The 2019 New York Knicks: Feel the Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Phil didn't want the job but it was too much money to turn down. Still, the effort he put in was embarrassing. It's ironic one of the more forward-thinkers in the league (socially and basketball-wise) of the last 50 years became stuck in the past.

Love for Trier is growing in our fanbase with each passing game. Boy, are they going to be let down soon.
Why are you soo down on Trier? He was the only Knick in the preseason that was a insta bucket, and the dude has the shiftiest handles on the team.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #18
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm starting to come around. He left such a bad taste in my mouth after Summer League; he was selfish as hell though he was playing for a job so maybe it wasn't indicative of his true game. He had all the traits I hate in a basketball player: ballstopper, over-dribbles, poor vision, poor shot selection. Seemed like a low IQ, me-first guy. Not to put too much stock into stuff like this, but his social media handle being "IsoZo" said it all.

He looked good last night, granted the Hawks played zero defense, but he was still one helluva ballstopper. The ball sticks in his hand. As a microwave off the bench, it's not as big of a deal. If Fiz can teach him to play within the flow of the offense I'll be thrilled.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #19
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'm starting to come around. He left such a bad taste in my mouth after Summer League; he was selfish as hell though he was playing for a job so maybe it wasn't indicative of his true game. He had all the traits I hate in a basketball player: ballstopper, over-dribbles, poor vision, poor shot selection. Seemed like a low IQ, me-first guy. Not to put too much stock into stuff like this, but his social media handle being "IsoZo" said it all.

He looked good last night, granted the Hawks played zero defense, but he was still one helluva ballstopper. The ball sticks in his hand. As a microwave off the bench, it's not as big of a deal. If Fiz can teach him to play within the flow of the offense I'll be thrilled.
He played well so hard to ignore it. I still worry that he will stop the ball too much.

Adding to that, Fiz said Zo is the only player on the team that has a green light to do whatever he wants because it would be bad coaching to not let him loose.

I don't mind that too much if you're looking to figure out if the guy will abuse it or grow on his own. I just worry he will be Jamal Crawford or Nate Robinson.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 10-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #20
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Did you see that monster dunk IsoZo had last night?! Good lawd that was filthy. best moment of the night for me. He also had 2 blocks. He didn't seem to force the issue but did look to score when he could. He's not afraid of the bright lights thats for sure.

He took 9 shots and tied with Kanter for best fg % on the team.

Last edited by Vast; 10-18-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:37 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Have to like the Knicks effort. It won't translate into many wins, because the talent isn't there yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #22
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
Have to like the Knicks effort. It won't translate into many wins, because the talent isn't there yet.
Agreed. But I want to see it there in February when the team knows it's bad.

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 10-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Agreed. But I want to see it there in February when the team knows it's bad.

Yes, that's going to be a big test for Fiz....can he keep these cats motivated during those February dog days.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:06 PM   #24
MVP

This **** drives me nuts - some of these younger Knick fans are pathetic, begging other team's stars to come here. Waste of money.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/10/25/kevin ... den-knicks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »