Home

2 New Videos...Same Teams - Similiar A.I.

This is a discussion on 2 New Videos...Same Teams - Similiar A.I. within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #9
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: 2 New Videos...Same Teams - Similiar A.I.

To be fair both games look nice compared to anything last gen. graphics are better animations are better and both run reasonably well at 60 fps even both don't look "locked-in" to that framerate as some animations make it stutter or make it appear to stutter becasue some of the fluidness isn't there yet.

As to which i prefer? hmmm CH 2k8 looks like a real tv broadcast as mm08 feels like you're "inside" the arena. one captures the broadcast well the other matches the feeling of actually being inside the stadium.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:16 PM   #10
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
To be fair both games look nice compared to anything last gen. graphics are better animations are better and both run reasonably well at 60 fps even both don't look "locked-in" to that framerate as some animations make it stutter or make it appear to stutter becasue some of the fluidness isn't there yet.

As to which i prefer? hmmm CH 2k8 looks like a real tv broadcast as mm08 feels like you're "inside" the arena. one captures the broadcast well the other matches the feeling of actually being inside the stadium.
Now thats a nice statement and very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markees007
Lol, nice work again man.
But can anyone answer my question why doesnt March Madness have a coach on the sidelines?
They will be in 2009, guess they trying to get the on court stuff going right, before adding additional background distractions....I'm sure coaches, cameraman, etc will be in 2009.

I'm going to keep Stephon and EA on their toes. And hopefully 2k will improve those graphics next year and give us two excellent games next year.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 12-19-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:24 PM   #11
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

this really upsets me. MM08 looks awesome on the 360 and it was straight garbage on the ps3 i swear there were no transition animations on the ps3 version. I just wish we would get these damn games at 60fps on ps3. i mean for goodness sakes its a more powerful system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #12
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
this really upsets me. MM08 looks awesome on the 360 and it was straight garbage on the ps3 i swear there were no transition animations on the ps3 version. I just wish we would get these damn games at 60fps on ps3. i mean for goodness sakes its a more powerful system.
All I can say is, this is why I own both consoles. PS3 will get purchases from me, as far as exclusive games.

360 will get all my sports games purchases, as well as exclusives..60fps, and better online, than PSN....

I feel that every person who owns only a PS3 and not both Consoles, is cheating themselves. I don't blame developers, for hardware built by another company and has limitations...
Old 12-20-2007, 12:38 AM   #13
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
All I can say is, this is why I own both consoles. PS3 will get purchases from me, as far as exclusive games.

360 will get all my sports games purchases, as well as exclusives..60fps, and better online, than PSN....

I feel that every person who owns only a PS3 and not both Consoles, is cheating themselves. I don't blame developers, for hardware built by another company and has limitations...

Well I would love to have both, but i got the PS3 for the show. I cant afford both right now. Maybe when i get my tax returns?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:00 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

hey Behind Shadows,

which slider set is being used for your march madness videos? Also are there specific team edits added? And is there a file being made with at least some of the team edits?

thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 01:25 AM   #15
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcguire
hey Behind Shadows,

which slider set is being used for your march madness videos? Also are there specific team edits added? And is there a file being made with at least some of the team edits?

thanks
Video 1 - Tomba Sliders

Video 2 - Playmakers Sliders

Video 3 - Maui - Nit - All Mine!!!!

No specific team edits as far as I know, and no one doing them as of now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2007, 01:44 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

BehindShadows-

Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort to get the CH2k8 video up and running. After watching the CH2k8 video, I'm really tempted to re-buy a copy...

I traded it back in simply because i couldn't get the 'right' slider combos to make it feel like college b-ball or atleast to what i personally believe is college b-ball.

But after viewing your videos, I really like the way the AI runs it offensive sets, the spacing was great in the video, the defensive recovery speed was great, ie - not sagging off on 'd' too much...

BehindShadows, bro, can you be so kind to share with us your sliders that you were using for that video? That would be greatly appreciated...

And dude, thanks for uploading these videos...

later man, and please get back to me about your sliders...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »